Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

No Faith

I never played arc, I read the review's watched youtube and stayed well clear of it.

However the allure of a proper sandbox MMORPG was not something I could resist.

Also I understand that Early Access is a thing and balancing would be a thing not all content would be here etc etc I was ready to give you plenty of rope.

But I  have never seen a group of developers Hang themselves so fast with so much rope given!

1) Technical issues during release, I ignored this eventually got in after 14 hours and went to playing, most mmo's have terrible releases this is common to some extent.

2) Advertised 8gig ram, was simply not true.  I bought the game for friends who still haven't been able to play.

3) Releasing an MMO into even an early access environment without any type of economy???? Mind boggling!!!

4) Hiding professions behind other skill tree's and making everyone have to go down the same sets of skills????

5) An unlimited flag placement system to claim land???  Further confused bye actually lowering the timers to contest and steal???  

6) You have demonstrated a pattern of not taking action against griefers, hackers and trolls??? 

7) Not immediately implementing a New server or two to take the load off of the current servers instead simply waited for your customers to leave in frustration?  

8  Amazing lack of communication when not meeting your release deadlines that you imposed on YOURSELF???  If you weren't ready why did say you were???

9)  An obvious lack of any kind of content, that didn't previously exist in arc?  How much time and effort was really put into this project? At this point it screams cash grab!

10) Over powered predators everywhere and no attempts to balance?

11) Making ships of the damned agro on rafts?

12) Blueprints thats are more trouble then there worth.

13) Sheet music that just clutters inventory

14) Complete lack of Safe Zones

15) Complete lack of proper siege mechanics

This list could go on and on....  I was certainly willing to give you all plenty of leeway if you were honestly intent to make a decent Sandbox MMORPG.

But so far the only thing you all seem inclined to make is Pirate Rust, a haven for griefers and hackers and the dredge of the interwebs!

In fact I don't think this was ever more then just a cash grab.... And you should be embarrassed and ashamed as developers!

28 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I never played arc, I read the review's watched youtube and stayed well clear of it.

However the allure of a proper sandbox MMORPG was not something I could resist.

Also I understand that Early Access is a thing and balancing would be a thing not all content would be here etc etc I was ready to give you plenty of rope.

But I  have never seen a group of developers Hang themselves so fast with so much rope given!

1) Technical issues during release, I ignored this eventually got in after 14 hours and went to playing, most mmo's have terrible releases this is common to some extent.

2) Advertised 8gig ram, was simply not true.  I bought the game for friends who still haven't been able to play.

3) Releasing an MMO into even an early access environment without any type of economy???? Mind boggling!!!

4) Hiding professions behind other skill tree's and making everyone have to go down the same sets of skills????

5) An unlimited flag placement system to claim land???  Further confused bye actually lowering the timers to contest and steal???  

6) You have demonstrated a pattern of not taking action against griefers, hackers and trolls??? 

7) Not immediately implementing a New server or two to take the load off of the current servers instead simply waited for your customers to leave in frustration?  

8  Amazing lack of communication when not meeting your release deadlines that you imposed on YOURSELF???  If you weren't ready why did say you were???

9)  An obvious lack of any kind of content, that didn't previously exist in arc?  How much time and effort was really put into this project? At this point it screams cash grab!

This list could go on and on....  I was certainly willing to give you all plenty of leeway if you were honestly intent to make a decent Sandbox MMORPG.

But so far the only thing you all seem inclined to make is Pirate Rust, a haven for griefers and hackers and the dredge of the interwebs!

In fact I don't think this was ever more then just a cash grab.... And you should be embarrassed and ashamed as developers!

I tried to tell everyone. I mean a good amount of people knew the was ark from the beginning. The 4 islands that are copy pasted and flipped were going to be the map for ark. They decided they would multiply those maps and make a whole new game.

their problem has always been wanted to do something nobody else has. They aren’t capable of that in the slightest.

they said 40k and the servers actual number is 37,800 or something like that. They have no problem bending the truth to make the truth look better.

really wish you would have played ark because you would have known about this already.

i have known everything they were going to do and have been right this entire few weeks since even before launch.

they havent surprised me in two years 

I think for the most part we have to get over this.  Everyone knows the bad bits.  Atlas will be forever tainted by the steam review system, but, take it for what it is, an Ark v 1.5 game..   There are some interesting mechanics in play, and the good bit is that most of the issues can be fixed by twiddling server configs.  Ark's configurability (is that even a word?) is unprecedented.  Private servers already do this.. some even have like 30x resource rate.. whilst being a bit OP it does allow one to explore the game and it's failings.

I think the boat / pirate / sea thing really gives Atlas a USP.  OK it's built on Ark, but, for me, it's combined two great desires.. Ark + pirates.  Always though Ark + *anything* would be good.  Delivery leaves something to be desired, but when Atlas is a fleshed out as Ark is...   I think satisfaction will replace anguish at a steady rate.

• Like 1

In my opinion: Its early access, we are the testers of the game, there will always be technical issues... does your pc always work? No, it has technical issues yet it s a fully released set of products hence patches and firmware updates.

In my opinion: It may not be the RAM causing their issues, you need to expand on their reasons as to why they cant play. Im seeing quite a few crashes, similar to those I get in ARK, they havent learned but Im hoping with the right feedback they will sort some of the crash issues out.

In my opinion: Gold and Gems, trade, trade, trade. To be honest, from a PvP side, it is just about surviving, nothing else.

In my opinion: The skill tree system is horrible but its early access so Im happy Ive a tree to try out at the moment at least. It does need a complete re-work though

In my opinion: I havent tried too much of this other than pressing F1 and claiming some ships. Unlimited flag placement sounds like unlimited pillars which to some will be annoying, but to some, its what they want - big bases. I'd prefer limited building areas.

In my opinion: Absolutely annoying as ****. I havent come across it myself... yet, but I hate those who cheat, hack etc. WC simply need to get on top of this now or it will keep on growing as people know others can get away with it, so they will think they can too.

In my opinion: Meh, a new game will always struggle. From their point of view they probably look at ARK and the DLCs and took a measured guess about how many players they would retain and therefor set the number of servers for that. There are many unofficial servers people can go and try out.

In my opinion: Its WC, they are known for their lack of communication. One of the hardest things for us humans to do in this world is communicate properly, why do you think it will be any different here?

In my opinion: Its EA, they have an idea and are working on adding more features. To be honest, for a game 2 weeks into EA, there is a hell of a lot of stuff to do. But what more do you expect... its Pirates with ships. Its not like you are going to explore space and go extra terrestrial.

In my opinion: They have already made balance attempts, buffing tamed pets etc

Meh, was kind of annoyed at that, but from what I hear, you have to be stupidly close to them to aggro them so its not that bad.

In my opinion: Can you expand here? What do you mean, trouble? Jumping into the sea to get the crates?

In my opinion: Yeah, not sure on this one either. 

In my opinion: In PvP - there should be nowhere safe. 

In my opinion: Its EA, give it time, something will happen in this space I would expecy.

So in essence, I have provided some opinions on your gripes. I agree with some of these but tend to point out that we are 2 weeks into EA. These games take time, and for $20 I bet most people have already had 50+ gameplay hours. Its a game that most will now leave for a few months and return later and see how its progressed. This happened with 7 Days to Die, ARK and many other successful EA titles.

18 minutes ago, Anarki said:

So in essence, I have provided some opinions on your gripes. I agree with some of these but tend to point out that we are 2 weeks into EA. These games take time, and for $20 I bet most people have already had 50+ gameplay hours. Its a game that most will now leave for a few months and return later and see how its progressed. This happened with 7 Days to Die, ARK and many other successful EA titles.

You have, you see you have done more then they have.  You actually took a few minutes out to counter and rebutt the points thats far more then the developers have done.

This post is me saying I have lost faith, and its because there has been zero tangible effort made on there behalf to communicate or actually do anything to solve the Myriad of problems plaguing this title at this point.  And its clear to me from this time period that they don't communicate or take action with any type of urgency.  So I highly doubt they will ever turn this title into anything worth playing because they seem to not have the professional tool set, needed to do so....  Hence the entire point of the post, I have lost faith in these guys! 

Edited by Sulfurblade

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

I'm just like you.  I'm not sure if you're hating the game or loving it, but wishing these things were adressed, so I put my experience below each of your points...

Same, but this doesn't really bother me, since it's being worked on.

Probably true, most games that give the required specs, if your computer is just at "required" it's going to be pretty crappy.

Oh man do I agree with you here!!  How can you have an MMO with no trading mechanic??  Throwing stuff on the ground and hoping that the other player is honest is the worst idea ever!  There's so much economy potential in Atlas, how could they have missed this?

Some skills unlocking other skills is normal.  But why can't we preview the pane before we unlock it?  That's really annoying if we're not familiar with that skill tree.  At least we can fully respec right now after each level.

The claim system is getting addressed.  They know they need to fix this.  I just live in Lawless lands right now

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

You sure about this?  Seems to me, there's already been patches to address some of these issues?  

FOr a "game" that takes so many people, it sure seems crowded everywhere we go.

Starting issues.

not sure what you mean.

they are working on this.  but good lord it needs addresing!

they do?  how close did you get?  i've easily passed them

true, not sure what's the point of these.

True

Freeports?

Not tried any sieges.

5 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

This game is not Early Access.  It is still in true Alpha state.  When a game has game breaking lack of game mechanics, it is NOT early access, and the fact that you can grind for hours...even days, to build a ship, and some fool can come along and sink that ship so easily, while you are offline, or away from the ship...that is game breaking.

BTW, Star Citizen is at least being made with the understanding that shooting unmanned ships is NOT PvP, so your ship will simply not be there for people to shoot at, when you log out.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

2 hours ago, Cyrus Bloodwood said:

Freeports?

Not a true safe zone, as your ship will decay out from under you in less than 24 hours.  Which, is absurd.

A game like this needs safe zones.  It just seems the Devs thought that ARK style play would solve everything, but people don't want ARK style game play.  It also seems that the Devs expect everyone to group up in a Mega, such as one of their beloved Streamers, but for many people, that's just not going to be enjoyable.  And their skill tree seems to push you toward that, so we retreated to an unofficial that allows you unlimited respecs, and many more skill points such that at max level, you can do everything.  That is to my liking because I don't like to be cut off from major aspects of the game, long term.  The one good thing about ARK, is that you could make a great weapon for somebody who could not make it, and he could use it just fine.  You could tame, or a breed a good Dino for him, and he could mount it and use it just fine.  Here, you have to spec into literally everything you want to do.  It sucks.  When I see a problem with the ship, or base, I don't want to wait a day or two for the person who can do that, to log on and fix it.  I want to fix it right then.  This is again, an example of how they expect that you will be in Companies so big, that there will always be people online to do what you need to be done.  Like protect defenseless ships.

I am looking forward to modders fixing this game, like with a better skill tree, and better animal taming mechanics based on ARK baby raising.  I can't tell you how much I detest the way you tame predators in this game.  Shoot them with arrows until they are almost dead...bola them, and then feed them while they attempt to kill you.  Dumbest shit I have ever seen.  Everything does not have to be a challenging minigame to be fun and immersive.  Taming in this game is neither fun, or immersive, and I find no point in taming anyway, as even a pack of tames are no match for one Alpha.  Yeah, when three bears are killed by one Alpha pig, it's time to admit this shit is stupid.  And this happened because the person riding one of them, did not see the Alpha among the other 5 pigs that were there.  Now, imagine if it had been an Alpha Lion, or Wolf.  It wouldn't have mattered if you saw it and wanted to leave it alone...it won't leave you alone, and your tames are as good as dead.  So I don't even bother with tames.

There just isn't any balance in this game with how hard it is to acquire things, and how easily you can lose them...and they wonder why people left the game.  It's an old axiom by me...gamers want to have fun, and be challenged...not frustrated.