Sign in to follow this  
Scarth

Logged in to all items gone?

NA PVP, M5.

I last played about 5 hours ago and logged out in my house. My house is small but secure, with the only way in being a single door. There is an slightly open tile at the rear, but attempting to get in or out through this is impossible because there is a large rock in the way. I just logged in now to find that my full inventory was gone as though someone had looted my body while I slept, but didn't kill me. I made very sure my door was closed before logging off earlier as it was laggy at the time, and there is no damage to my house at all.

There were also a number of players with squares in their name flaming other players when I logged in just now. Really doesn't add up to a good result.

Some advise on house building.

Build out of stone, it is the strongest.

Build in layers, to prevent easy access to you while you are offline.

Use multiple doors that are used as an airlock setup to prevent someone from just beating in one door. 

IF possible get a guard, tame a lion or a bear to guard you while you are offline.   

8 hours ago, MrTexas said:

You can target through walls. Make a bigger house next time I guess 😕

I was nowhere near the wall. And, why is this an issue in the first place? Walls are there to stop people accessing you while you're offline.

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Some advise on house building.

Build out of stone, it is the strongest.

Build in layers, to prevent easy access to you while you are offline.

Use multiple doors that are used as an airlock setup to prevent someone from just beating in one door. 

IF possible get a guard, tame a lion or a bear to guard you while you are offline.   

Please actually read my original post.

is it possible they destroyed the rock and then climbing picked through the hole? you can climbing pick through windows. also, if your body was close to the wall they could've targetted you and looted you that way.

49 minutes ago, Scarth said:

I was nowhere near the wall. And, why is this an issue in the first place? Walls are there to stop people accessing you while you're offline.

Please actually read my original post.

I did.   This is what I got from your post.

You built a house, that had nearly impossible access through a hole in the back next to a rock.  You had ONE door... and it was a small house.

I just told you how to prevent it from happening again.  Not how they did it.  They could have climbing picked over the rock into your house.  They could have clipped through the wall and targeted you and got the items off of you.  They could have also destroyed a wall and replaced it (I have done this with people not on claimed land)

Not trying to defend them if they cheated or exploited but I am just saying that a little forethought in defense can go a long way in preventing this from happening again.