Tiberius_theron

Skill System Changes Needed!

I've ran a small 10 person guild for the last 28 years. We're a small tight-knit group of friends who just enjoy gaming. As of the 8.0 Skill System changes, we've been unable to properly progress. As we are all ages 30+ and have lives. We go to work, raise our kids, etc. So we have 4-6 daily average. Which simply isn't enough to progress in the game now. The game was advertised as a solo, small guild, or multiple player game. It's most assuredly not a solo or small guild game now.

Basic crafting stations are locked behind Skill System Walls, when they should be able to be freely accessed like in Ark. So are weapons, armor, etc. I have to have skills to use a sword...…come on! The Skill System whether people will admit it or not.....is another attunement wall, that ruins the over all enjoyment of the game. It should not cost 8 or more points in any Skill. It can and should be a maximum of 6. These few points give players enjoy room in their skill tree's to diversify and enjoy the game. Without making it feel overwhelmingly grindy and dull.

• Like 1

100% agree, I for one love survival aspect.  There's super synergy between some of the construction, hunting & farming trees that are unreachable.  Some players like the open seas and blast each other...  but I have always liked the farming and manufacturing side of these games.  Give me metals to mine, give me trees to fell, give me fields to tend, and I'm good right there.  The skill tree feels way too artificially restrictive.

We are doing daily basis treasure hunts , ship wreckage etc. You can level up very fast via killing armee of the damned. 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

Max level is 50 right? So I am 49 and can barely do anything. Once max level, I can't even respect to do stuff.

I’m 41 and while I can’t do everything and do agree the system needs work (requiring skills just to USE armor and weapons is absurd), I certainly don’t feel like I can barely do anything. I’ve built a schooner and a sloop, made some armor, mastered the bow and even stuck a toe in cooking. I could build a decent land base but haven’t got round to it yet. 

I would challenge you to link any marketing material from Grapeshot saying the game was designed FOR solo players. It may be designed with some features intended to accommodate solo players (paying taxes to a landlord comes to mind), but these types of games tend to be designed around and to encourage group play. They are almost never intended to allow a single player to be able to take a majority if the skills available in the game. 

Edited by boomervoncannon

Sailing shils has been designed for solo players, heck you can technically build them yourself, i havnt built anything aolo bigger than a schooner but id be able tk get the skills for it.

The reason for the skill barrier is most likely to encourage players to try to trade/plunder the loot they need, i mean if your like me, I usually get other people to craft me armour because i cant, but i have not needed a skill to wear angthing unless it is higher than common. Although i have only used hide and cloth armours cuz i dont really bother about armour