Sign in to follow this  
kolpo

No need for sleeping bodies in PVE server

The sleeping bodies are lagging the freeport servers but I don't see added value in PVE servers.

• Like 3

Many MMOs don't leave your body in game when you log out. Seems like at least for PVE, the body should not remain. Maybe for PVP (not my thing), it could stay just 15 minutes.

The snoring at the freeports is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Many MMOs don't leave your body in game when you log out. Seems like at least for PVE, the body should not remain. Maybe for PVP (not my thing), it could stay just 15 minutes.

I have yet to see this, but it sounds hilarious. A issue none the less.

Since this is a survival game you ahve to take care of your body. there are creatures out there even on pve that kill you in your sleep. Why else would you build a house?

Yeah the body's are kinda annoying in the freeport are annoying. I hope they can do something about it

7 hours ago, wildbill said:

Definitely think if they are trying to market this as any kind of MMO there should not be sleeping bodies. I can see in PvP you guy stays logged in for a few mins. so you cant combat log, other than that I cant think of any other reason.  

Okay, if you want the sleepers to remain in any capacity, then play Skyrim and spawn 5000 dragons. See how long your game lasts before crashing. Hint: It won't last very long.

Same concept applies here with all the damn bodies lmao. The bodies are 99% of what's causing all of the lag, rubberbanding, etc etc. Forcing the server to load thousands of sleeping bodies is not going to work, especially as more and more people start playing, joining servers, and logging off to leave their bodies there.

It works in a small scale game like Ark with MAYBE 100 players max. But it does NOT work for an MMO game, where thousands of people are playing and then logging off and leaving their bodies everywhere to lag the server. This being a """survival game""" is no excuse for that.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:44 PM, Riya said:

Since this is a survival game you ahve to take care of your body. there are creatures out there even on pve that kill you in your sleep. Why else would you build a house?

They are actually marketing it (from what I've heard them say) as an MMO first, with some survival aspects, so no, it is not a survival game.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, kolpo said:

The sleeping bodies are lagging the freeport servers but I don't see added value in PVE servers.

Sleeping Bodies Prevent others to simply Claim EVERYTHING (including Buildings and Ships) in 1h.