Sign in to follow this  
mizunami

Overlapping landclaims should not be a thing

This doesn't trigger stolen claims, nothing, and they can just build inside my territory because of this. 
@Jatheish this needs to be addressed

5127e7ec55646db75755cd4950280bdc.png

20190102122542_1.jpg

• Like 1

Water flags have a much larger AoE. Why can you even claim water anyway? I'm ok with replacing my flags within 72hrs in PvE but overlap needs to be fixed asap.

also you shouldn't have to replace your flags ever 72 hours....thats not how they are supposed to work, but yea some of my new flags are even contestable which is annoying

• Like 2

Same here. Someone placed a flag in water and it overlapped my claim. I have also removed one flag to replace it and now I can't place it back because it's supposedly too close to another claim. So how was that person able to place their claim so close to mine while my flag was up, if I can't replace my flag at the same spot? (it's not related to this overlap)

overlap.png

Edited by moriak

Having to replace flags every 72h doesn't even make sense, the whole point was inactivity timer for people who aren't playing or abandoned those spots.  Why can't your presence at them refresh the timer?  Or manually clicking on the flags to reset it to 72h.. or something.. 

yeah the sea flags need to go, but also they need to actually make that if people are active-on the land the counter on claim resets, heck it works on lawless (login in lawless and your stuff resets to 4 day protection) why cant it work on claim spots on regular islands

there is a reason why people just live on lawless cause no fear of loosing their stuff as log they login 1 per 4 day -.- , ofc they cant go building bonanza but still

Edited by Mahakmar

1 hour ago, Twoapplesnbanana said:

Having to replace flags every 72h doesn't even make sense, the whole point was inactivity timer for people who aren't playing or abandoned those spots.  Why can't your presence at them refresh the timer?  Or manually clicking on the flags to reset it to 72h.. or something.. 

it is meant to refresh , its bugged and they still havnt fixed it 

Someone just almost overlapped nearly half of my land claim with a sea flag. That's ridiculous.

And land flags can create overlaps too. When someone is contesting on land, the contesting flag seems to ignore nearby flags, otherwise it would not be possible to place it inside a claim. However, it also seems to ignore flags from owners other than the contested claim and can therefore be placed in a way which overlaps the other owner's claim. And when the contest is successful, it becomes the new claim and the overlap stays. The contesting flags should only ignore the contested flag and possibly flags from the same owner. They should have the same distance restrictions towards other claims/owners as they do when placing them on unclaimed land.

And sea flags should have much higher distance restrictions so they cannot overlap existing land claims.

Edited by moriak

These bastards took our main resource area and put 30% taxes on it. I almost admire the evil genius of it if their very existence didn't hinge entirely on the fact we helped them get established in the first place and had gone out our way to be nice to them.

We felt sorry for a small group of Taiwanese players struggling in a zone dominated by an aggressive Chinese mega-guild and this is how they repaid us a week later.

They've since used the overlapping claim to challenge and take half the green territory in that image while preventing us refreshing our claims, we're all but evicted from our own territory now and are having to make preparations to abandon the island entirely, every time we leave the fort they contest the claim and have to interupt what we're doing to teleport back.

Brokenclaims.jpg

Edited by RyuujinZERO