Sign in to follow this  
Blackstone30

This game.....ohh this shitty game...

So lets all look back to what happend. I still wont change my Opinion of this game because many Fanboys cry out "Its still Early Access"

Well let me get to the point with that Statement and send you guys an understandable "Fuck You"!! Thanks.

I red now tons and tons of complains about this game, even though alot Steam Reviews which not all arent just nonsens. And yeah everyone here is right.

First of all those fucked up Animals especially the Predators. 

-Suddenly spawn out of the blue

-Agro range is like miles away (they can already spot you before you can even see them)

-there healing is ridiculously fast (Makes even taming difficult since there healrate...bring at least the taming from Ark in the game with some sort of Narcoberries or stuff)

-Clipping through buildings and do tons of damage

-Animal spawn often are more than stupid. (sometimes you can see like 6-7 Elephants standing around on a midget island which is just as small as a Dinghy 

- Animals also bug into everything. We got some seagulls were stuck on the lower Deck of our Galleon...dont know how they got there .

-Why do actually Manta Rays often die? Now and then you see a dead Manta Ray on the shore and no clue why.

The Skll-tree looks like it was made by a 5year old. If there werent at least the tool-tips but else than that you can barely see what most actually mean. 

Talking about tips...you could at least had add a little description to all the Skills or craftables. Like the Lever or how its called again. Me and my friend thought its ment to use for open the Cannon doors since it doesnt have any description. Well guess we were wrong. But still no clue what its actually for.

One thing i still cant stop thinking of is the Spoiling Rate for food. I read so often in ingame chats...Farming is totally useless since Wheat has a spoilrate of 5 minutes. A friend once found some salted meat in a Treasure chest with also a spoilrate of only 10mins?? I dont even wanna know the spoilrate of food you can cook in the cooking pot or grill...but if i could guess...10mins???

Why do you actually make the most Damage of tools with a damn Sickle?? If i slam a sickle on an animal it makes round about 20-25dmg and i think a metal axe is about 10dmg?? 

So again i saw streamer on PVP hitting Storage Boxes or Closets making 50dmg per hit?

Ships of the damned..

Well not personally got in contact with them but i see them always in groups with like 3-4 ships in the same grid...prolly even way more. Some days ago a friend was on a raft back from an island gathering some gems, went over the grid border and a SotD spawned into his raft...Well the ship got the agro and sank the raft with everything on board. GG Devs

Talking about the Damned ships...personal question...Why the fuck do those "Ships" look like reskinned modern Yachts? 

40e800d525c1eac7cdc867296b975fe4-jpg.jpg.477d7d9e7d07664908aee28864ef669c.jpg192916171_Cloud9640_460.jpg.fcf01e70fe02356f3bf584599fb20f9f.jpg

Add some things here, removes some things there and Viola...you got a Ship of the damned sent from the Future back to the Pirate age.

Maybe i am not that high on drugs to totally understand the meaning of its all. Or maybe i am just too spoiled by all the Pirates of the Caribean movies...Just saying Flying Dutchmen *coughs*

I dont even wanna start with the claiming system or the bad Building system for houses and stuff...obstructions ...bla bla.

But there is one thing that i already seen on different streams which makes me think of continuing playing this "EARLY ACCESS GAME" before i say something bad again better mention the EA Status lol

Gliders?? I saw ppl with goddamn gliders? Are you serious...i saw them wearing on there back and taking off from like just standing on the ground. What have gliders to do in a Pirate Game? 

I can assure this game will be patched in the future with even more stupid crap which shouldnt belong there. Thats what made me even stop playing ARK forever. Overpatched with totally nonsens shit. When i saw whole bases on a back of an pterodactyl or Bronto...*shake my head*

I think me and my Friend and maybe some more will set sail with our Galleon on Friday and we will prolly get fucked by a SotD and then i will stop playing this game....its not fun at any time now.

Edited by Blackstone30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pentax said:

If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

A whole lot of people have already used that door.  Seems a major game company said that to the gamers, and a whole lot of them said, OK, we won't buy it.  Not very smart.

• Like 1

True it isn't smart to do that to customer buts if you see what has been happening to games as of late. We do have to remember and really take this with salt. You said it in your post and no it isn't a fuck you. WE ARE PLAYING A EARLY ACCESS GAME, which means the game isn't even close to finish and you still put your money and time on the line for it.

I've got about 40 hours ingame now. Refunded once around the 1 hour mark due to the mess. Came back and realized that I should've known what I got myself into and was like hey, what other pirate themed games is there? Not many. POTBS is dieing/dead, Blackwake is awesome for some instant pirate pvp, and naval action is a mess. So, yea Atlas is here and they released it around the holidays.  They've been putting in Daily patches and i'm happy to see them succeed. 

Do you know the lore of the game? You should read it. It has to do with being in the Sky. So yea, gliders are a thing.

• Like 1

Sometimes gamers criticize just to criticize, and sometimes, the criticism is legit.  EA can't be an excuse for everything.  With Star Citizen, I have criticisms, but I also see that they are headed in the right direction.  This game, with some of the things that exist, even after ARK...seems like too many lessons weren't learned from ARK.  Have a look at my post titles, This isn't funny anymore.  A building system that has major flaws...and those existed in ARK official...were fixed by a modder with S+.  That modder also showed genius in that he made the S+ TEK shield lock in place, if it was damaged.  If it is not damaged, it can be picked up and moved.  Collisions with terrain is a problem, but not with S+.  I totally understand that you do not want that for things like storage boxes, and beds, but the structures should be able to clip into the terrain, or other structures...just not things like storage boxes and beds.  Do I have faith in them to fix this nuisance?  No, not at all.

The animals are beyond absurd...healing very quickly in the middle of a fight, for instance.   Saps my enjoyment.  I would love to enjoy the sailing ship aspect of the game, but spend more time trying to get to my dead body.  I never had that problem in ARK.  Once in a while, yeah, but with this game, it is multiple times a day.  Your ability to deal with it depends on what you spec'd into.  So the fanbois who claim it's all so easy...just ignorance talking, so I ignore it for the most part.

13 hours ago, KingLlama said:

True it isn't smart to do that to customer buts if you see what has been happening to games as of late. We do have to remember and really take this with salt. You said it in your post and no it isn't a fuck you. WE ARE PLAYING A EARLY ACCESS GAME, which means the game isn't even close to finish and you still put your money and time on the line for it.

I've got about 40 hours ingame now. Refunded once around the 1 hour mark due to the mess. Came back and realized that I should've known what I got myself into and was like hey, what other pirate themed games is there? Not many. POTBS is dieing/dead, Blackwake is awesome for some instant pirate pvp, and naval action is a mess. So, yea Atlas is here and they released it around the holidays.  They've been putting in Daily patches and i'm happy to see them succeed. 

Do you know the lore of the game? You should read it. It has to do with being in the Sky. So yea, gliders are a thing.

Early access is not an excuse for bad game design. They upped the damage and attack speed of most carnivores. If they had taken the feedback into consideration so far they would have decreased it instead. So we're not in early access, more like in early stupidity. We give feedback and they don't care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renard1 said:

Early access is not an excuse for bad game design. They upped the damage and attack speed of most carnivores. If they had taken the feedback into consideration so far they would have decreased it instead. So we're not in early access, more like in early stupidity. We give feedback and they don't care.

Exactly, they have also neglected to implement any type of balance to their game that I feel even a new developer wouldn't have overlooked, nevermind a development team that has "learned from their mistakes".

18 hours ago, Blackstone30 said:

because many Fanboys cry out "Its still Early Access"

1. It is Early Access.  Most of what you mentioned are balance issues, which will likely continue to be tweaked.

2. "Fanboys" is such a nonsensical term.  "Haha, you enjoy the game you pay for, therefore you suck!"  Isn't the point of purchasing a game to enjoy it?  So why mock those who do?

The Skll-tree looks like it was made by a 5year old.

This I agree with.  It looks rough and lacks polish.  But it's also not uncommon for early access games to have their skill trees polished as it progresses.  Why polish it up and make it pretty and shiny, if there's a chance it's going to all get juggled around?

Talking about tips...you could at least had add a little description to all the Skills or craftables.

Yep, agreed.  Also lacking the polish mentioned above, and will hopefully appear in time.

One thing i still cant stop thinking of is the Spoiling Rate for food.

Yep!  It's super fast, and the amount needed to eat is also super high.  Also likely a balance issue.

So again i saw streamer on PVP hitting Storage Boxes or Closets making 50dmg per hit?

Sounds like it needs balancing.

Some days ago a friend was on a raft back from an island gathering some gems,

There are quite a few posts about people and their rafts, and how they overload them with super heavy things (like metals.. or gems) and then complain when they are too slow.

All in all, you have some valid points, but (and not to rub salt in a wound) but it is early access.  This is precisely the type of stuff that gets tweaked as a game progresses through development.  As mentioned by countless others in countless other posts, we're only a couple weeks into an estimated 2 year development cycle.

There's no harm in walking away for the time being, letting it bake a little longer, and coming back to try it again.  I think the majority of the players still playing all agree there's a fun game underneath all the bugs and weird stuff.

At first I wanted to say "fuckyoudevs", but just say "this "game" is really trolling". Hope devs will have this "hardcore" in everything in their life.