Sign in to follow this  
Adalast

Just lost a ship 20 minutes after leaving it for the night

Ok, so we were traveling and enough of the crew decided to head off for the night that we couldn't manage the ship, so we pulled into what appeared to be a safe harbor in a Lawless region like 6 sectors from our home base.  We put it somewhere that we were sure a ship of the damned wouldn't just randomly destroy it.  We locked up all of our doors, there weren't any containers that a griefer could get to to put anything in.  We unloaded all of our gear for the voyage and fast traveled back to our base so those of us who weren't getting out would be able to keep doing stuff.  

We were so incredibly careful, having seen what was going on and knowing what tricks people were using to sink ships.  So I fast travel back to base, leave the game up while I jump through the shower, come back and decide to check on it, and it says

"ship *random number* has been removed from the company" 

"bed *random number* has been removed from the company"

low and behold, it is gone. How?  It was maybe 10 minutes, tops.

Edited by Adalast

Also, it doesn't say the ship was destroyed, it always says it was destroyed if it gets sunk by griefers.  So what actually happened to it?

My only guess is the game assumed you abandoned it, it being in a lawless region and you traveling so far away from it. 6 squares away is a bit of a hefty distance in this game. 

I went back and looked and I may have had an exaggerated sense of how long we were traveling, it was only 2 squares.  We did a lot of stopping on the way.  Why would it think we had abandoned it by doing a fast travel?  And why the hell would they cull it in 20 minutes, I can understand 24 hours, but 20 minutes?

did you repair it before your logged ? the animals in lawless like wolves bears sharks even will randomly attack a ship and other infrastructure - add to that a non repaired hull and your doomed. I would say most ship losses are actually down to non repaired hulls after travel. Always repair your ship when you log on and before you log off and after or even during a journey. Did you know you can use a telescope and it will show you even from afar the hull health stats (little tip). Thereby keep your ship viewable from your base. 

Might've been just some nice people putting some extra weight or crew on your ship, exceeding the limits and thus sinking it. Which I assume is the same thing that happened to our schooner. Would be nice if you could attach your ship to a dock where it's protected from being overweight/overcrowded, so people couldn't sink it by just bringing enough people or cargo on it while it's being unattended.

Edited by Gni

@hands solo it was fully repaired, as I said, I was very careful.  

@Gni Yeah, I have had that happen too, and again, the log always shows that it was destroyed.  The log this time had no such message.  It just said it was removed from the company.  Also, it wasn't hours, it was minutes, and there wasn't even anyone nearby when we fast traveled.  

1 hour ago, Satellite said:

Sounds like it was claimed by someone, but I really don't know.

thats sounds more like it but dont think u can pve