Sign in to follow this  
Leenaya

Treasure Hunting!

I finished building my schooner with its 10 cannons I cant sail without npc crew  so I figured I would go use up some of my treasure maps that was one zone over.

Had to avoid 10 undead ships to get there, which was doable in the sloop. Landed on the new beach and got the discovery. Nice place, lots of food, even a galleon under construction, it was massive. 

Had a nice walk around a small mountain to get to my treasure spot, avoided the few bad things that tried to kill me, or shot them with the pistol. Nice pink beacon that sounds like an Ark supply drop when you get to it. All is going fine.

Swap my bow for the shovel and walk up to the pink spot to dig.... Up from the ground pop 6 undead. 2 Archers, 3 soldiers and a tanky warrior. Dead in less than 2 seconds. Props to them, I wasnt expecting to have to fight for my loot in a pirate game.

Made the walk back again and got my stuff, ran to a nice rock and starting slaying the undead. EXP from those things is awesome. Was level 29 going in, abandoned the encounter at 33 when I realized the warrior was too tanky to kill with bow and pistol.

Moral of the story, dont go to an unknown place expecting free loot to pop out of the ground like a diglet. 10/10 for the trip. Will attempt it again once I get my carbine unlocked. Just need 4 more points for unlock thanks to the undead kills.

• Like 2

Awesome story, and more awesome your reaction to it.

Lots of folks would have been bitching about dying and about treasure being a challenge to get.

Good on ya!

Try fire arrows next time, and they are pretty well balanced, at least from my short experience. The only thing is that if you die, the spawning is screwed up, you need to go out of render distance to reset it.

We do this with 2 people and bows, solo is too tough i suppose.

Kill the archers first, then the swordsmen, the boss last.

I also tried a treasure hunt, same issue last undead was very tanky and ran out of arrows, I'll try fire arrows next time. Tip for undead headshot them