Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Zuln

I'm just trowing my overall feeling about the game as a solo player before quiting for a while. Its  my way to help an Early Acess game that I liked dispite anything.

First of all I'm a solo player in a MMORPG and maybe I should have not  bought the game in the first place.

I loved the land experience in this game. I feel that it evolved alot from Ark and converted well from a Sci-FI dinossaur game to a Pirate/sailing game despite the "jousting" combat agains wild life and the slow atacks used to balance it that feels a bit cluncky.

So far so good until I decided to play the "real" game here and build my first, my second and my third ship... While I respect and understand the need to add danger in the seas with NPC ghost ships they're too much and too strong for a solo first-time sailor.  All my 3 sloops never passed lvl 4  or managed to return to the shores that they were built and here are the reasons that they sunk and made me quit for a while:

- The not so random Movment from SoTD while they arent aggro yet. Its an old inherithed habit  from ark where parassaurs always runs from danger in your direction(bringing predators to you) the bronto that keeps walking over the iron node so you can accidentaly hit it or the predators that always choose the prey that will bring it closer to where you are. SotD randomly gets closer and closer to you or in your way even when they're not aggro so those aggron range tunnings are not that effective.

- The Transition traps is also pretty bad. When you change maps the wind usually change a bit wich normaly makes you slower. The process itself is a bit slow for obvious reason and adding to that is very common to find a good amount of SoTD waiting for you in the other side. With the issues said above reaction  may be  late.

-   Ok you can be faster on your sloop than a ghost ship but its a bit useless when they spawn surrounding your ship and just keeps the same speed with moderate turning radius against the wind.

- Travelling to a cold area and tis high probability of death. So you're ok in your region vitamin buffed and using your hide armor and fully invested in fortitude and you transfer in your sloop to the side area and its cold area, for some odd reason your buff is gone  you start to die freeezing and the time the game took transfering your ship to a new server granted the SoTD that was waiting for you a cannon ball hit that will break your bed.

I keep seeing people saying that they can handle SoTD just well that they use some miraculous setup in their ships so they outruns and out manuever the SoTD in their sloops.Thats why I kept insisting on this. For me, nothing of that worked. I may be too bad at this game  but also I had no chance to learn. Never had a chance to finish a voyage and come back home no relevant experience adquired. Even on 2,5x rates is a bit annoying to grind all mats to keep building ships and get it sunk in few minutes. The end result could be different if i was playing in a group even if it was small but thats not my case and i expected to have a chance to get started in solo mode.

My suggestions: Keep those SoTD to some given harder map square only so players can avoid . Another option would be not making it random spawn in every map but some sort of event fleet that keeps traveling from square to square with a server announcment when it arrives and leaves a given square.

Thats all, keep evolving as the game already gave large steps in just few days. Its clear the effor to make this game better and great. But right now the SoTD just killed it for me.  See you again when those ships are handled. 

Edited by Cpt.Zuln