Sign in to follow this  
MagnusGG

I may have figured something important out!

I would please relay this info there are 1000s of players sleeping when they log off, I only lag up to 255 ping when I'm near a horde of sleeping players. (So make sleeping bodies despawn after like 60 secs)

• Like 1

I agree, you can not go to a freeport / starting area now, all you do is rubberband back to where ever you spawn in and eventually you DC.

24 minutes ago, MagnusGG said:

I would please relay this info there are 1000s of players sleeping when they log off, I only lag up to 255 ping when I'm near a horde of sleeping players. (So make sleeping bodies despawn after like 60 secs)

I completely agree, this is something they need to fix somehow, because as more and more players join, the more player entities will be spawned which will hog performance from both the server and players, and potentially could become a quite severe, problem, that is if it isn't already.

There's a known outbreak of narcolepsy at all the freeports. The governing bodies have asked that all pirates stay clear.

It appears though that all that manage to get close to the water to leave end in back in the same spot they left just moments before.

11 hours ago, MagnusGG said:

That is a good suggestion, but the question is if that is easy to adjust in the game engine.

As we are not developers, we don't know that information.

But i hope they can make that work and improve the server performance.

• Like 1

i do write code. and would be an easy fix perity check for online vs offline sleepers tag for 60 despawn. the thing is why there is so many sleepers. is cause they seem to be keeping ppl from logging in intentionally. they don't fix it they don't respond. sat here on the same pc with a friend the other night i couldn't connect he could connect just fine the same client. i am begging to think this was a scam to collect bankruptcy. 

tbh if they did regular server restarts you could just have it so that sleepers despawn on restarts, like Rust i think uses that feature. This way if a raid takes place before a restart you are still vulnerable and cannot hide all valuable loot on you when you log off, or even Combat log with your valuables (would and could happen if it was 60 seconds).

16 hours ago, protozz said:

i do write code. and would be an easy fix perity check for online vs offline sleepers tag for 60 despawn. the thing is why there is so many sleepers. is cause they seem to be keeping ppl from logging in intentionally. they don't fix it they don't respond. sat here on the same pc with a friend the other night i couldn't connect he could connect just fine the same client. i am begging to think this was a scam to collect bankruptcy. 

they dont even have to check for sleeping players.... When you log out your player goes to sleep so basically it already has an action defined for logout.... they just need to update the existing code to trigger a different action based on location..... I think rather than disappearing they should instantly kill players who log out in freeport so you have to respawn. They dont want us staying in freeports.... so this would be yet another mechanic that would make freeport even less hospitable. Since the new patch is going to force freeport to be the spawn points rather than lawless the problem will likely only get worse before better........

All that said i dont seem to suffer these lag issues others mention at any of the freeports i've been to. What freeports you guys visiting? lol

On 1/4/2019 at 11:58 AM, y0_ said:

they dont even have to check for sleeping players.... When you log out your player goes to sleep so basically it already has an action defined for logout.... they just need to update the existing code to trigger a different action based on location..... I think rather than disappearing they should instantly kill players who log out in freeport so you have to respawn. They dont want us staying in freeports.... so this would be yet another mechanic that would make freeport even less hospitable. Since the new patch is going to force freeport to be the spawn points rather than lawless the problem will likely only get worse before better........

All that said i dont seem to suffer these lag issues others mention at any of the freeports i've been to. What freeports you guys visiting? lol

This is an older post that was more relevant back when freeports still had the bodies there.  They removed that awhile back and since then freeports haven't been too bad, ships take increased decay and you lose all your gear if you die while there and it's in your inventory.  Your major lag is gonna be in the lawless areas where the land is hospitable but unclaimable, because a large amount of players wanting to solo/small group ended up getting stuck there and have built all over the place. 

lol Yup. My company is one of those that have been stuck in lawless.... But with the changes coming in v10 (which is mysteriously similar to my suggestion in another thread).... it looks like lawless may be de-cluttered soon.