Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

This game is WAY too time consuming

Thanks for sharing this with us. Maybe ARK is more to your liking. 

Edited by Percieval

Just now, LoneSilverWolf said:

I do agree that the grind to level up is WAY longer than ARK. I would like to see an XP increase to ease up on the level grind.

It is an MMO though, a bit more work is justified. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It is an MMO though, a bit more work is justified. 

I don't disagree, I just think they upped it a bit too much. It's nothing I'd be like "oh this game sucks" over, it's just a QoL thing for me, personally--a gamer who doesn't have near the time I used to for gaming.

Given that you can respec at every level, I strongly recommend specking into archery for leveling purposes. Kiting mobs to a raft they can’t get up on and then hitting them for up to 100 damage per headshot allows you to hunt pretty much anything, including alphas. red and I picked up about a dozen levels each in an hour just doing this while clearing for a treasure map. Bows seem to take no durability damage and you can even recover arrows, which are cheap mat cost wise.  archery for the Xp win.

• Haha 1

I agree that it is too much work with little to no reward for small groups. Unable to keep land, buildings are quickly and easily destroyed. 

Just now, archaegeo said:

Check out any of the x5 x10 x3 etc private servers.

The official servers are set for a MMO pace.

Well I have a private one. But every effing update that ATLAS has, G-Portal screws up. Currently waiting yet ANOTHER ticket to be answered. SO annoying. If there are any other G-Portal users here who know their way around, ship me a PM--would love to get back up and running again.

Nitrado seems to be the favored provider, since they are the host for the official servers, bet they get a discount for providing nitrado patches quickly.

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Kiting mobs to a raft they can’t get up on and then hitting them for up 

CrOcdiles wolves lions and others readly jumped and killed me on my ship many a time..

2 hours ago, darcek said:

CrOcdiles wolves lions and others readly jumped and killed me on my ship many a time..

I haven’t had to deal with crocs and wolves so I’ll defer to you there, but lions and tigers have proven unable to get onto my raft in repeated engagements.

Hahaha!!! Time consuming...  

Atlas - is a 5 on the time sync scale

Life is Feudal - is a 7....

Wurm Online - 10!!!! It is a second job to do anything in that game.