Sign in to follow this  
Watru

I wanted to be a pirate not Thor Heyerdahl

So when starting out i was so hyped for this game but we can never get of that raft.
So been trying to find a place to settle but that is imposible everything everywhere is ether claimed or blocked with foundations.
We have a small crew of 6 we dont need much space but we cant find anything and so much land is un-claimable (Lawless).

Only way i see this solved is do a wipe and limit the number of claims you can have per company.
Or we need a lot more land!

Also the animals (predators) are WAY to aggressive and numerous you cant even set foot on land before you are eaten feels to much like ARK.
Even the crocodile is the same size, i think a good solution is to tone down the number of predetors makes no sense they are x10 amount of the pray around.

Also the Freeports are great place to socialize and trade why cant we utilize the space\ apartments in the freeports?
Seems like a great place to store stuff (player housing) set up shops and much more it is suposed to be a MMO so saving some progression is a good thing IMHO.
I think player housing would be a great addition and would make people settle somewhere and it will create the opportunities for everyone.
And also maybe the sense of community and comradery. 

Resources and building its way to GRINDY and today i learnd you have set it to x2.5 gathering.
If you change that this game will be a unplayable gathering simulator for solo\ small groups.
Please dont do that we where promised you could be on your own and thrive dont see that happening with less resources.

Last my own experience after 30 hours in ATLAS.
FRUSTRATION, cant claim, cant build, cant get a ship, cant experience the game at all.
My 5 friends gave up and quit i followed suit a couple of hours later there is no point at this point not fun.
Please do something !

Best Regards
Watru

Edited by Watru
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Watru said:

So when starting out i was so hyped for this game but we can never get of that raft.
So been trying to find a place to settle but that is imposible everything everywhere is ether claimed or blocked with foundations.
We have a small crew of 6 we dont need much space but we cant find anything and so much land is un-claimable (Lawless).

Only way i see this solved is do a wipe and limit the number of claims you can have per company.

Also the animals (predators) are WAY to aggressive and numerous you cant even set foot on land before you are eaten feels to much like ARK.
Even the crocodile is the same size, i think a good solution is to tone down the number of predetors makes no sense they are x10 amount of the pray around.

Also the Freeports are great place to socialize and trade why cant we utilize the space\ apartments in the freeports?
Seems like a great place to store stuff (player housing) set up shops and much more it is suposed to be a MMO so saving some progression is a good thing IMHO.
I think player housing would be a great addition and would make people settle somewhere and it will create the opportunities for everyone.

Resources and building its way to GRINDY and today i learnd you have set it to x2.5 gathering.
If you change that this game will be a unplayable gathering simulator for solo\ small groups.
Please dont do that we where promised you could be on your own and thrive dont see that happening with less resources.

FRUSTRATION, cant claim, cant build, cant get a ship, cant experience the game at all.
My 5 friends gave up and quit i followed suit a couple of hours later there is no point at this point not fun.
Please do something !

Best Regards
Watru

I don’t blame you.

btw the devs don’t come on here. You would be better posting on Twitter 👍

18 minutes ago, Watru said:

Don't bother with Lawless zones, they're just another newbie zone although at least it is possible to build on them.  Go to the non-Freeport and non-Lawless zones.  If you can't find any land to settle, put a Claim down and if the owner has been inactive there for 3 days you get to claim it.  If they have been active the claim fails.

The animals can be a problem, I admit, but persevere and you can gather and build.  It seemed impossible at first to me but using my Raft as a little base with a bed and a couple of locked boxes on it I slowly, bit by bit, got the materials for a small shack, 4x4, with a bed, campfire and a large storage box.  I'm on my own and with 6 of you it should be a piece of cake if you all have bows.   Three of four guard and the rest Gather stuff.

The Freeports would have to be Instanced housing as they're pretty small towns and with 57k players last night and even 45k on at 3am there wouldn't be room in town for them all.

4 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Don't bother with Lawless zones, they're just another newbie zone although at least it is possible to build on them.  Go to the non-Freeport and non-Lawless zones.  If you can't find any land to settle, put a Claim down and if the owner has been inactive there for 3 days you get to claim it.  If they have been active the claim fails.

The animals can be a problem, I admit, but persevere and you can gather and build.  It seemed impossible at first to me but using my Raft as a little base with a bed and a couple of locked boxes on it I slowly, bit by bit, got the materials for a small shack, 4x4, with a bed, campfire and a large storage box.  I'm on my own and with 6 of you it should be a piece of cake if you all have bows.   Three of four guard and the rest Gather stuff.

The Freeports would have to be Instanced housing as they're pretty small towns and with 57k players last night and even 45k on at 3am there wouldn't be room in town for them all.

They could make some of them instanced no problem have shop fronts that need to be maintained with ipkeep and stock.
Yes we can gather but we cant find a place to build when a clan of savages tears you a new one with firearms and swords.
As it is now we can not progress or even experience the game at all..

Edited by Watru

5 hours ago, Watru said:

They could make some of them instanced no problem have shop fronts that need to be maintained with ipkeep and stock.
Yes we can gather but we cant find a place to build when a clan of savages tears you a new one with firearms and swords.
As it is now we can not progress or even experience the game at all..

I have a couple of thousand hours in Ark and knew what to expect in Atlas on PvP servers, and knew it would be even worse with it being an EA release.  I will leave PvP alone for a while longer as it's bad enough with the crocs, wolves, bears, etc. and the crazy vitamin system without having to contend with the rabid players as well.  😄

5 hours ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

Private servers are the key to enjoying this game just as they are in ARK

With this concept of having a few islands per server, this is a very costly system for private servers. If you reduce the amount to 3 or 4 servers this would be boring very soon. I think the map on official is already too small (too little landmass) for the amount of players.
Overall I am very worried for the future of this game - as private servers wont be as available as it was for ARK.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Watru said:

Please do something !

Best Regards
Watru

About many of your points I feel very similar. Same frustration, and since the new patch (8.0) you can't even sale somewhat safely on rafts anymore. It seems more grindy and animal-survival than Ark, selling this as a pirate game makes no sense in my view.

Just now, Nikanj said:

With this concept of having a few islands per server, this is a very costly system for private servers. If you reduce the amount to 3 or 4 servers this would be boring very soon. I think the map on official is already too small (too little landmass) for the amount of players.
Overall I am very worried for the future of this game - as private servers wont be as available as it was for ARK.

Rented servers in ARK were always unstable, becasue it relied on the admin/owner paying for it each month, and yes, for Atlas thats going to be expensive.   However a lot of server owners in aRK were like myself, using our own hardware with little or no cost.  I am setting up an Atlas server now, 1000mbs internet, multiple grid cells, adn for my it will cost a handful of dollar coins for the power each month on my home power bill, it won't be noticed.

As for size, well, yea, one by one won't cut it.  But several people I know have been playing on a 2x1 adn it's fine, 2x2 will be better of course. Private servers aren't about having thousands of players, they are about a more tailored experience for a like minded group of players.