Sign in to follow this  
MindOfMadness

They fixed the repair hammer... No defense against griefers

It's stupid that you could be killed by players in PvE but it was the only way to keep griefers from sinking your raft...  But hey, they did something with metal coming from regular rocks!

Still no change to sinking boats or claims but at least us #raftlyfers can get killed by ghost ships too!!!

#fuck  us

#devs don't care

Atlas 2.png

• Like 4

That's a good point I suppose, never even occured to me to kill another player in pve using a mallet, even in defense of my raft against a griefer.  Why stoop to their level afterall?

The rest of your post I completely agree with.

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

That's a good point I suppose, never even occured to me to kill another player in pve using a mallet, even in defense of my raft against a griefer.  Why stoop to their level afterall?

The rest of your post I completely agree with.

You're absolutely right, you should never be able to kill another player in PvE but the knockback effect was nice to defend yourself with. I'm overall glad it's gone just going to miss any kind of defense against griefers.

Edited by MindOfMadness

I've been killed by other players in PVE using fire arrows as well, so there's still that.

I was wondering if fire arrows would kill other players, I accidentally set a guy on fire, but I don't know if it harmed him or not, I shot a croc and it attacked him whilst on fire, setting him on fire as well.

I can see this being exploited to grief people.

I'm glad they fixed hammers people were griefing our tribe. Glitching  inside the house and then ki!l our sleepers with mallets. And somehow destroying the boxes.

I agree, they need to fix flags lost 2 areas when everyone was offline with the new flags supposed 72hrs.

..They found a way to glitch though walls.. saw someone in my base door closed.. trying to go though chests.. 

2 minutes ago, boneslash said:

..They found a way to glitch though walls.. saw someone in my base door closed.. trying to go though chests.. 

It's probably the old Ark glitch of passing out or logging out by a wall and when you stand back up on login or waking up it pushes you through the wall.

1 hour ago, boneslash said:

I've noticed this glitch occurs in every survival game for some reason, had this happen Conan. 

I think it's unfair to say they don't care, the fact the hammer thing was even done is a surprise. Feel the claim bug will take a little longer than changing the dmg values of the hammer on players imho. We shall see.

Nothing stopping the chinese from taking over whole islands and taxing the crap out of everything too.  Could region lock the servers but they will never do that.  #afraid of conflict

I feel that they could at least communicate and acknowledge whether some of this stuff is working as they intended, or if they have plans to fix it but are prioritizing other issues first. 

Like its great imo that they fixed the repair hammer killing other players, but nowhere in any patch notes or dozens of forum threads complaining about it did they ever tell us they knew it was a problem and were going to act on it.

They could really stand to invest in some sort of community managers in the vein of blizzards blue posters.  Somebody to represent the company, direct people to the proper forums for their threads, weigh in on topics, and let the players feel heard.

• Like 1