Sign in to follow this  
Rupert Drayton

Further Anchor Distance

At this current time of playing it's really hard to find an area where we are able to anchor our ship, our crew has the 2nd biggest ship and we were not in that deep of water, and it still wouldn't let us anchor. Please make the range of the anchor a lot more then it is right now, it's actually a joke trying to anchor up the big ships

• Like 4

Being able to lower anchor in deeper water is BADLY needed for sloops still. I have to almost run aground to anchor or go far away from the coast to anchor. I have deep water to safely launch ships..but I cant anchor them.   Farther out I have had 2 ships destroyed by SOD ships.  Please make the anchors on all ships much longer!!  

• Like 1

I agree the depth should be increased a bit. Obviously there are reasons not to have it way out at sea but I agree you pretty much have to be in very shallow water for sloops. Schooners can go a bit further but it's still pretty silly how shallow the water has to be. Brigs and galleons are definitely not as bad but I ought to be in fairly deep water (moreso within range of a coast) and drop anchor at least a hundred feet.

Agreed. I guessing it detects depth. Maybe it needs to detect range to shore.

And from backing in to land, I'm also guessing it detect from a point on the ship other than the rudder.

If they could make it based off % from land, instead of depth and terrain. You could then have the freedom to anchor close or far. The harbor at our island sucks for Anchorage we fight with it daily.