Sign in to follow this  
Ariad

PvE balanced to reward Griefers, not players

I am not sure the game designer in charge of PvE but they are either incompetent or ignored in prioritizing issues.

Fireplaces, smithy's not being lockable?

Boats sinkable via dropping items on a boat by random griefer?

Probably a few dozen other tricks.

No reporting ability to moderate griefers in game?

I respect that WC wants to play to the alpha tribes in PvP in Ark. I hoped that Atlas had paid attention to lessons learned and would react in Atlas. So far, not planning on any DLC for this game. Too much time lost with no recourse in game due to the lack of anti-griefer tools.

• Like 4

Sadly this is probably exactly as they want it to be. The ultimate 'pirate' experience. If you are a mega douche, you win. 

We've had boats sunk, claims nicked, we have just given up for now.

Shame because the whole pirate ark thing really appealed to us, but ironically the pirate part is a little too realistic with the constant griefing 😨

11 minutes ago, Bleurgh said:

Sadly this is probably exactly as they want it to be. The ultimate 'pirate' experience. If you are a mega douche, you win. 

We've had boats sunk, claims nicked, we have just given up for now.

Shame because the whole pirate ark thing really appealed to us, but ironically the pirate part is a little too realistic with the constant griefing 😨

If this is what they think, they're crazy.  Using a broken game mechanic is not "being a pirate".    It's being an ass.

The mechanic is either broken or so poorly designed my cat could have done better.  If you can't retaliate against another player, you shouldn't have a mechanic (broken or otherwise) that lets you sink someone's ship.  In PvE, the competition against other players needs to be economic and social, not physical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

If this is what they think, they're crazy.  Using a broken game mechanic is not "being a pirate".    It's being an ass.

The mechanic is either broken or so poorly designed my cat could have done better.  If you can't retaliate against another player, you shouldn't have a mechanic (broken or otherwise) that lets you sink someone's ship.  In PvE, the competition against other players needs to be economic and social, not physical.

"It's being an ass."

Yup - and there's a lot of this going on official EU PvE at the moment, hence we've given up for now.

• Like 2

Yeah it's all BS, 3 days now and I have started from nothing again at freeports.  Today after a stint until 4am, I log on and poof all gone.  Tonight is the first night I have logged on to Atlas, realised I have NOTHING (again), and logged off.  Log on  -->  log off all of 15 seconds.  No atlas tonight, I just can't cope with the anger building up in the pit of my stomach.

Unplayable.

• Like 2

This is AFTER the 3 day claim protection was supposedly introduced, but still doesnt work even after replacing the flags.  Without that protection, players who are offline have no recourse for defending their land from exploiters.  Logging out in your claim in a safe building will not even stop them anymore.  There is PVP on the PVE servers. 

southseaslavers.png

bojack cheater.png

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Ariad said:

I am not sure the game designer in charge of PvE but they are either incompetent or ignored in prioritizing issues.

Fireplaces, smithy's not being lockable?

Boats sinkable via dropping items on a boat by random griefer?

Probably a few dozen other tricks.

No reporting ability to moderate griefers in game?

I respect that WC wants to play to the alpha tribes in PvP in Ark. I hoped that Atlas had paid attention to lessons learned and would react in Atlas. So far, not planning on any DLC for this game. Too much time lost with no recourse in game due to the lack of anti-griefer tools.

Some of these are mitigatable on your part. Fires and smithies can be indoors.

Boats sinking by weight is a design flaw, sure. But obviously intended for limiting transport.

And those are the only two issues you were able to identify. Seems like not enough justification to me to say the game is "balanced" for griefers, like this was intentional.

And everyone agrees that the claim system is bugged, not that challenging claims shouldn't exist to get rid of abandoned construction or empty landgrabs.

No sure how you would report griefers using these exploits when you usually don't know who they are.

The claim system needs a lot of work my company is forced to dispute claims just to try and get a foothold in some buildable land. 

I'm sure it will improve in time. 

Lost 60 hours worth of progress on a boat last night with 4 friends, ( we did it in one day,) devs and official twitter wont respond to me or my friendso n why this happens on "PVE" in a freezone, we  have 75+ hours in the game and we just have nothing left now with out even having the time to do anything with it.

Great game, great design Im going to punch a wall and never come back again. Sight.....

• Like 1