Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Hungry? Die. Thirsty? Die. Low health? Die. Vitamins off? Die.

I know there are a lot of issues, but death is a complete joke right now. Its 100% used by everyone as a way to remove any detrimental condition.

This is a MMO, death is supposed to have meaning.

Yes yes, ghost ships need to be fixed, and yes yes, it is pvp, but when you can respawn with no detriment it encourages naked fighting, because hey, there is nothing to lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

I know there are a lot of issues, but death is a complete joke right now. Its 100% used by everyone as a way to remove any detrimental condition.

Yes yes, ghost ships need to be fixed, and yes yes, it is pvp, but when you can respawn with no detriment it encourages naked fighting, because hey, there is nothing to lose.

Welcome to ark... oops.... atlas 😂

yet another thing that will not change in the slightest. That is why people destroy beds. That is the only thing you can do.

cant be a gold cost because people will run around without any inventory. You might be new to this whole thing and this reminds me of the sea of thieves people that said there should be a cost for losing a ship(stupid). 

Either way, it is very easy to die and dieting is very easy. Don’t expect that to change

12 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Death has a meaning. You lose your Equilibrium buff. 

Not sure what other "Meaning" you want death to have in a PvPvE game. 

Just now, Goldfish The Builder said:

A debuff timer after death with reduced stats/speed would be good... or something of that type to punish death a lil more! 

There is one. 

For 30 minutes after dying you get 20% less XP, take 20% more damage, have 30 less temperature fortitude, move 10% slower and do 20% less melee damage. 

Losing a buff that you lose if you cant balance vitamins doesnt count 😛

39 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Death has a meaning. You lose your Equilibrium buff. 

Not sure what other "Meaning" you want death to have in a PvPvE game. 

I want it to not be a preferable mechanic that encourages raiding naked.

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

Losing a buff that you lose if you cant balance vitamins doesnt count 😛

I want it to not be a preferable mechanic that encourages raiding naked.

Yeah, you raid naked. Ill be in plate with survival buff. I'll win no matter what you do. 

The Vita buff, while not intrinsically tied to death, requires you to live for 30 minutes to activate. It makes a pretty big difference. 

• Like 1