Bambi

People shouldn't be able to take your things in PvE

Period.

Why is structure stealing allowed at all in Pve? The current system is worse than PvP, because we get all of the drawbacks of PvP and none of the perks of PvE.

Disable claiming other peoples' structures on PvE. It's complete bullshit and you know it.

@Jatheish

• Like 1

Like how all the land is claimed by flag spamming and now they make it so orphans can't even try to steal a piece but won't limit claims?

#devs don't care.

Grapeshot and Wildcard got their money so they don't have any reason to care. I think some of the devs are running these big companies and got us all to pay for their personal pirate playground.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Period.

Why is structure stealing allowed at all in Pve? The current system is worse than PvP, because we get all of the drawbacks of PvP and none of the perks of PvE.

Disable claiming other peoples' structures on PvE. It's complete bullshit and you know it.

@Jatheish

No. There has to be SOME way to grab land that isn't actively in use. What if someone grabbed half an island on Day 1 and literally never plays the game again? It should just sit there belonging to him? Makes no sense. There -has- to be a claim system or else you'll need regular server wipes to clear out inactive players and land.

4 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

The 3 day rule doesn't apply to old flags. You have to take down the old and replace with fresh flags to get the update applied.

Sadly this is not the case, my company replaced our flags and still people can take them, some work but some dont.

1 hour ago, pope_kd said:

No. There has to be SOME way to grab land that isn't actively in use. What if someone grabbed half an island on Day 1 and literally never plays the game again? It should just sit there belonging to him? Makes no sense. There -has- to be a claim system or else you'll need regular server wipes to clear out inactive players and land.

I'm not talking about land. 

People shouldn't be able to take control over your structures in fucking Player Versus ENVIRONMENT.

If you're worried about structures littering the area, why not use the fucking system that's in place in freeports and lawless areas, where an unused structure starts to decay over 2 days. The fucking system is in the game already and it's what everyone was assuming would be the case when LAND was captured, not this current iteration of bullshit.

claim flags need to be tied to land/water zones, not structures.

10 hours ago, Bambi said:

I'm not talking about land. 

People shouldn't be able to take control over your structures in fucking Player Versus ENVIRONMENT.

If you're worried about structures littering the area, why not use the fucking system that's in place in freeports and lawless areas, where an unused structure starts to decay over 2 days. The fucking system is in the game already and it's what everyone was assuming would be the case when LAND was captured, not this current iteration of bullshit.

claim flags need to be tied to land/water zones, not structures.

When you take over land, the structures should definitely go to you. They're on the property. You're not really making sense tbh, what do you expect to happen when someone claims your land, you walk back in and grab all your stuff? What if they build around it? Should you be allowed to walk in to retrieve things?

So Bambi, if a successful contested claim took all of the buildings, how should that work? How long a decay, what process to stop the challenge? 

Because a flag and a single floor shouldn't lock a plot of land forever. Or should an entire castle that was abandoned. Neither should a challenged claim have a perpetual unusable dry dock if the buildings aren't oassed, but challenge is allowed.

And your anger seems predicated on the idea that these results were 100 intended by the devs, rather than being a mistake.

For me the hope is that they will learn from this land rush they apparently didn't expect. What MMO gets 50k users on day one?!

Claim spamming by the first players in rafts is pretty harmful, and not possible in an established world. But day one nothing is established. And I know we're all impatient, but decay timers are only just expiring. You are being pretty impatient, unwilling to see if one or two more days resolved the problems with existing systems.

But I do expect the next land rush, whenever that is in the future, to be run differently.

What happens to buildings in freeports and lawless regions? You don't need to claim land there to build, yet you're clearly allowed to.

And for the record, Dauntless had 200k players on day one.

Good observations.

May I again request you answer a question? 

So Bambi, if a successful contested claim took all of the buildings, how should that work? How long a decay, what process to stop the challenge? 

2 DAY DOESNT APPLY TO OLDER FLAGS U M,UST REPLACE ALL OLD FLAGS FOR THIS TO WORK