Sign in to follow this  
ThisWayisUP

Wipe needed and balancing to preserve space.

Ok, there is no more space left to build something. Been sailing from a freeport for 11 hours now and everything is spammed with foundations.
Some island are empty, no people but also spammed with flags and foundations..
I know big alpha tribes who have built alot are gonna "cry" and yell its EA but yea its indeed EA and this is broken and needs a fix asap because EA or no EA the game NEEDS players and atm players are quiting.

The mechanics should be balanced so people cannot spam islands with flags and foundations. Wipe is needed to clear everything and a clean sheet is needed.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

New players need to be placed on a server which has room to build. Duh.

Have these game developers never played online games before?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

Ok, there is no more space left to build something. Been sailing from a freeport for 11 hours now and everything is spammed with foundations.
I know big alpha tribes who have built alot are gonna "cry" and yell its EA but yea its indeed EA and this is broken and needs a fix asap because EA or no EA the game NEEDS players and atm players are quiting.

The mechanics should be balanced so people cannot spam islands with flags and foundations. Wipe is needed to clear everything and a clean sheet is needed.

I too think a wipe is needed, I've been sailing for 2 days and couldn't find a single piece of land to claim.

The worst thing about all this is that the longer they wait for what seems to be an inevitable wipe, the greater will be the frustration and anger from the people that invested a lot of time in their crafts.

I think I'm personally done for now, I just can't progress at all so I'll just wait..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

If there are no people there then I'd jump on that and contest their claim.

2 hours ago, Nhaga said:

I too think a wipe is needed, I've been sailing for 2 days and couldn't find a single piece of land to claim.

The worst thing about all this is that the longer they wait for what seems to be an inevitable wipe, the greater will be the frustration and anger from the people that invested a lot of time in their crafts.

I think I'm personally done for now, I just can't progress at all so I'll just wait..

True but they need a fix for it before the wipe otherwise the problem will be the same after a few days but yea i stopped playing for now too. Solo play or small group play isnt even possible atm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoloHan88 said:

If there are no people there then I'd jump on that and contest their claim.

I get your point but you will have a 75+ company wipe u of the island, the island they are not even using but dont want other people to build on...

They need to fix that first, so that people can not just claim and build everywhere. Max two flags for a player and maybe max 3-4 for a whole company. Then also only being able to place foundations within the claimed space. Personal flags dissapear when joining an company it cant be abused. Or something like that.

Edited by ThisWayisUP
  • Like 1

fyi, not sure if people really dont realize this, not everyone is meant to have land claimed :\.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

The same thing will happen approximately 2 days after. You have multiple companies with over 400 people right now. 

No matter what you will never have a place to build. There is no fix to Megas. It isn’t a game problem. It is a player problem that will always exist 

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

The same thing will happen approximately 2 days after. You have multiple companies with over 400 people right now. 

No matter what you will never have a place to build. There is no fix to Megas. It isn’t a game problem. It is a player problem that will always exist 

Right but also very wrong.

Player problem? Yes maybe but only because they CAN.
If they can't they won't.

If they can't spam islands with flags and foundations they won't. 

It's the game's problem that  they CAN.

Edited by ThisWayisUP
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ThisWayisUP said:

Right but also very wrong.

Player problem? Yes maybe but only because they CAN.
If they can't they won't.

If they can't spam islands with flags and foundations they won't. 

It's the game's problem that  they CAN.

It was all true. But now you are talking about doing two things.

wven doing both won’t work on Megas. Wipe won’t work because they will be right back in 2 days.

next we have the flag limit you propose. Limiting flags won’t help either. A 400 plus company just has to split in half multiple times: 400,200,100,50 and so on. That is how Megas got around the Dino limot in ark.

even if you say that since there would be fewer it would be easy to take over, that is not true as well. The minute you try to attack you will just have that same 400 to deal with within the hour. 

Megas are a plague, but they are a plague with no cure. You literally can’t do anything that wouldn’t just make it more impossible for the smaller companies.

the battle is lost before it started. We also have the biggest problem to deal with. The fact that wildcard encourages Megas to build up in the first place. They don’t even want you to be in a small company let alone solo so they aren’t going to help you either.

i know you believe in your heart that wildcard cares. The only reason you are wrong is because if you aren’t in a mega, they don’t care. 

I wish you luck though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

It was all true. But now you are talking about doing two things.

wven doing both won’t work on Megas. Wipe won’t work because they will be right back in 2 days.

next we have the flag limit you propose. Limiting flags won’t help either. A 400 plus company just has to split in half multiple times: 400,200,100,50 and so on. That is how Megas got around the Dino limot in ark.

even if you say that since there would be fewer it would be easy to take over, that is not true as well. The minute you try to attack you will just have that same 400 to deal with within the hour. 

Megas are a plague, but they are a plague with no cure. You literally can’t do anything that wouldn’t just make it more impossible for the smaller companies.

the battle is lost before it started. We also have the biggest problem to deal with. The fact that wildcard encourages Megas to build up in the first place. They don’t even want you to be in a small company let alone solo so they aren’t going to help you either.

i know you believe in your heart that wildcard cares. The only reason you are wrong is because if you aren’t in a mega, they don’t care. 

I wish you luck though

Truer words never spoken about this game.

• Like 1

Well i can understand the link to ARK etc but if we are going to assume things like the devs don't care and it will not matter and change and so one there is no reason to play the game. or be here.
This applies to IRL too. Things will never change if no one takes even the effort to try because of assuming that things will never change and it's a waiste of time.

if you can't beat them, Join them and have fun.  This game does not cater to solo play, just as many games like it without putting up a private server. 

even a private server really isn't the answer since server companies are semi going the way or forced into by the devs. rent a server you get 1 square to work with which i think is like a total of 4 current squares but it's still "one" zone. So it will have to be a free port if you want npcs, then a 2nd server at least for a seperate biome. Think you need up to 16 servers for all the biome types which would be somewhere around $600 every 3 months 10 player base with how most companies prices are trending.

1 hour ago, ScorpidAngel said:

if you can't beat them, Join them and have fun.  This game does not cater to solo play, just as many games like it without putting up a private server. 

Yeah I don’t think this game will last long. 37k average is very small. At first I thought ark numbers would drop but they are still way higher than atlas 😂

they definitely didn’t make that much money. Maybe sold 100k copies but most got refunded.

dont be surprised if they end up coming out with a paid dlc for something that was going to be free. 😂

43 minutes ago, The Foam Helmet said:

even a private server really isn't the answer since server companies are semi going the way or forced into by the devs. rent a server you get 1 square to work with which i think is like a total of 4 current squares but it's still "one" zone. So it will have to be a free port if you want npcs, then a 2nd server at least for a seperate biome. Think you need up to 16 servers for all the biome types which would be somewhere around $600 every 3 months 10 player base with how most companies prices are trending.

Yuck 🤢 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah I don’t think this game will last long. 37k average is very small. At first I thought ark numbers would drop but they are still way higher than atlas 😂

they definitely didn’t make that much money. Maybe sold 100k copies but most got refunded.

dont be surprised if they end up coming out with a paid dlc for something that was going to be free. 😂

Yuck 🤢 

Not true. Numbers are the same. 

the sad thing is that the whole tax system sound awesome at first... until you think about how it is to join a fully populated world a bit late...

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

No they aren’t. There is over an 8k difference 😂

Just now, Realist said:

No they aren’t. There is over an 8k difference 😂

Facepalm. Are you gonna cry about that small difference? 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Facepalm. Are you gonna cry about that small difference? 

Wait till the evening. It gets even bigger. Btw ark is 3 years old and atlas is brand new and has horrible numbers

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Wait till the evening. It gets even bigger. Btw ark is 3 years old and atlas is brand new and has horrible numbers

You’re comparing a ‘completed’ game with an early access one? 

You’re comparing a ‘completed’ game with an early access one? 

A 3 year old game to an early access one. If you want to go that route, even in early access ark has twice as many players than atlas. Either way you look at it ark is superior. This is a failed game 

Im not sure if it really matters at this point how big the difference is between ARK and Atlas, for one ATLAS had a horrible launch and so naturally people are not going to buy it. Im sure over time there will be people who want to buy the game.

As for the topic of the thread, think of it this way, thousands of players...wiped to restart.. 150 players per server and limited freeports and lawless to spawn at. It is just going to be the same travesty that we went through on launch. A wipe is not going to fix land grab issues imo, youre going to be stuck in the freeport again while all the bigger companies who have more players connect and rush out to where they were before.