Liqsquid

Small Shipyard causing resource spawns to stop?

So I claimed a place on a desert biome island, spent a couple of days building a base and didnt worry about ships, resources spawned really fast never any problems at all.

Built a Small Shipyard now I am living in an actual desert.

Can anyone else confirm this is causing the resources to stop spawning?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liqsquid said:

So I claimed a place on a desert biome island, spent a couple of days building a base and didnt worry about ships, resources spawned really fast never any problems at all.

Built a Small Shipyard now I am living in an actual desert.

Can anyone else confirm this is causing the resources to stop spawning?

Any Lighthouse or Buoy near?

No, never seen either will have a proper look when I get home but far away exploring right now 🙂

Edited by Liqsquid

3 minutes ago, Liqsquid said:

Was no Buoys or lighthouse just the huge radius that the shipyards stops spawns at.

Totally agree with that. Shipyards block way too much. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Totally agree with that. Shipyards block way too much. 

they do have large radius but they need that in an attempt to stop other players placing structures and blocking u in ,but its not so big as to stop all resources unless u are on a really tiny island

Just now, UDO said:

they do have large radius but they need that in an attempt to stop other players placing structures and blocking u in ,but its not so big as to stop all resources unless u are on a really tiny island

Ummm, radius of buildings on claimed land is not that relevant. On the other hand, you are right, on lawless it may be important. 
Problem from my perspective start when you have small island divided into multiple companies and all want to build shipyards or even you have opened claim to people and they start by building shipyards everywhere on the claim. 

Shipyards shouldn't stop resources in ANY radius anyway, they're required to be fully in the water, it makes no sense that they block trees on nearby land. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pope_kd said:

Shipyards shouldn't stop resources in ANY radius anyway, they're required to be fully in the water, it makes no sense that they block trees on nearby land. 

THIS! ^^