Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Want to attract a lot of players back?

On 9/29/2019 at 2:01 PM, Jack Shandy said:

And they already tried that claim system, yup, got rid of that fast enough.

Nope, they did not.  They allowed unlimited claim flags, which were also visible on the map, which was a bad idea.  I am talking about limiting where you can build, and not have your structured decay very fast.  My suggestion would eliminate structure spam, and would eliminate structure griefing on PvE.

I think they should get rid of companies altogether and just have factions, put them apart on the map. I don't like the claim system, it is focused towards large companies, not everyone wants to be in large companies, some just like to play with 1 or 2 friends.

If there was factions in the game other fellow teammates in the faction could fight the otherside, there would be no need to join companies to attack another. I've never tried to own an island but I know it costs alot of gold, they have made it for large companies to take over and exclude the smaller ones.

They should have just gave everyone 1 or 2 claim flags instead of having to have alot of gold to take a whole island. This is the only reason I live on lawless, at least you know you are safe there but we shouldn't have to be on lawless if they got the claim system right. I'm not sure the system will change though, they had to wipe last time, can they change it without another wipe? Who knows but unlikely to happen anytime soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redrick said:

Look at Eve online it has all you need.

Not player EVE for years but a small company was at that time limited to common materials, low level opponants & loot, and was basical limited to high sec space.

10 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Not player EVE for years but a small company was at that time limited to common materials, low level opponants & loot, and was basical limited to high sec space.

Yes, live in hi sec give you safety, live in 0.0 make you rich. Risk vs reward. But you can choose.

Yup, PVE poor, PVP rich.

You are forced into PVP areas to get to the High level PVE oppontants patrolling the high level materials.

Having to contend with the often toxic PVP players just to get to higher level PVE content is why I stoped playing.

• Like 1

I have tried to make many suggestions that would improve the game.  A few they have used, but they also slightly altered them, making them less than what would be best.  The cargo containers, for example.  The game needs to allow for a reasonable balance between the damage you can deal to a ship, and their ability to repair that damage.  To allow this, they had to unrealistically nerf the amount of cargo you can carry.  This affects the game negatively, making it even harder to live on resource poor islands, for instance.  So my idea was for cargo containers that did not allow you to use their contents for repair at sea.  You had to be anchored to open it.  The idea being that the weight would be reduced to a more realistic amount, and thus not severely reduce your speed.  So what do they do?  They ruin the idea by slapping on an automatic 40% speed reduction just by installing the container.  Where's a facepalm emoji when you need one?

I suggested the war token to encourage more balanced PvP experience.  As it stands, the attackers have all the advantages.  They set the time of the attack, so they can all go reset their stats and skills for better PvP ability.  The Defenders will often be in a profile that is great for crafting, farming, etc...but horrible for PvP.  Also, because they don't know the date and time of the attack, they are likely to not have as many people online.  Also, people can't be online every single day, for 9 hours a day, let alone, 24 hours a day.  The only people who could do that, are people who have no life outside of the game.  Married?  No way you can be online 9 hours a day, every single say.   So there wasn't supposed to be a raid window open every single day.  That was the point of the war token...to unlock the PvP for a specified period of time...and then no raiding on that target for a specified cool-down period.

Some brought up concerns that the defenders would hide their valuables.  There's nothing actually stopping them from doing that anyway, as it stands, and people often popcorn stuff when they know all is lost, so you can't have it, so I suggested ways to prevent valuables from being popcorned in order to prevent it from becoming loot, both in bases, and on ships.  No word if the powers that be were listening.

I suggested that with how much effort some things take, losing EVERYTHING is not conducive to keeping people around.  If somebody puts 3 months into a breeding line, and it gets killed in a wipe while he is offline, or outgunned, which is likely when he is being raided...what are the odds that he will be willing to start all over?  Not good, actually.  I have seen too many people quit the game after losing everything.  So I suggested a central bank, and stables at the Freeport, to allow valuables and breeders to be stored there.  The idea being that the breeders never have to leave the island, but babies would.  You might lose the babies, trying to get them home, but you don't lose the breeding pair.  You would risk losing some valuables getting them in and out of the Freeports, but everything would not be lost.  Lawless grids would become prime PvP locations.  Strategy would need to be employed.  But, there seems to be no interest by the Devs on this.

It's getting harder and harder to remain positive about what should be a great game, with a healthy community.   ARK is thriving, but that's because it IS easier.  Easier to make small hidden bases to hide some valuables, and you don't have to travel for hours to get stuff to make the top level gear.  This game requires far more time and effort than ARK, but your stuff can be taken from you in minutes.  Until this is understood to be bad, there is no hope.  A game based on sailing ships, should have a focus on ships, not bases.  At a minimum, it should have more focus on ships, and less on bases...or at least allow people the option of playing a mode that takes the focus off bases, and puts it on ships.