Sign in to follow this  
Sleepinator2000

Horizon Fireworks?

Does anyone know if there is any significance to the tiny fireworks that you occasionally see just above the horizon while travelling at sea?

It seems like an arbitrary effect to put into the game if there is no actual corresponding gameplay.

When I first  started playing I thought it was the flares, I was thinking wow you can see distress calls from very far out but not such good distance on the lighthouse light.

I realised it was just something in the game but no I have no idea what these are either. Shame the flares can't be viewed from far out though, that would be nice.

17 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Does anyone know if there is any significance to the tiny fireworks that you occasionally see just above the horizon while travelling at sea?

It seems like an arbitrary effect to put into the game if there is no actual corresponding gameplay.

I’ve never noticed these but then I’m usually looking at the water itself for sotd’s, flotsam and shipwrecks. Now you’ve got me curious. Would love to hear a quick comment from Jat on this.

Aren't those sotd just out of render distance and only small portion of the colorful shroud visible? 

7 hours ago, Elrood said:

Aren't those sotd just out of render distance and only small portion of the colorful shroud visible? 

I thought that for a while, so would chase them to the horizon to find the associated SoTD, but quickly realized that they are just as common when looking through the zone boundary as they are looking toward the middle of the zone.

When I see them they are almost always in the yellow-orange-red spectrum. If they were SoTD, I would expect to see a green one once in a while.

Just now, Sleepinator2000 said:

I thought that for a while, so would chase them to the horizon to find the associated SoTD, but quickly realized that they are just as common when looking through the zone boundary as they are looking toward the middle of the zone.

When I see them they are almost always in the yellow-orange-red spectrum. If they were SoTD, I would expect to see a green one once in a while.

The mystery deepens.

I've alwayst thought they're just some rendering/lighting artefacts nothing more.

Edited by BigBombz
fixed a typo