Sign in to follow this  
Caps

New definition of pve

I really wanted to give this game a chance. Pve is usually a lot of fun. I’ve played over 5k hours in rust doing raiding. 

So picking pve is usually relaxing and working within a friendly community. Unfortunately there’s many ways to claim Pve and hide as an Alpha company’s . Today I log on to a wild boat circling my raft. It being ramed to destroy the bed. Skill levels reset so I can’t quickly make a new spawn point. 

Once again back at the start point. Really had hope for the Pve In game But most of the players I’ve chated  with in game have run into similar experiences. From the claiming to the damaging of boats at sea. Then why have Pve servers

In PVE there are enemies?  Also to further this why wouldn't boats and ships take damage while at sea?  Skill resets especially in the first several days/months of a early release game are part and partial might as well get used to them.  Early Release it isnt just a word people use.  It conveys a set of meanings.  Things won't work right, at all don't expect it.  Skills, and game play will change daily hourly, by the minute sometimes.  Weird crap will happen.

Edited by smiltstomb

Yeah.  Calling this a PvE server is false advertising.  The only way for me to get land is to steal it from another player.  I get that this is a pirate-themed game, but taking from another player what he doesn't want to give up is PvP, pure and simple.  Calling it anything else is inappropriate and will result in many unhappy customers.

• Like 2

You can't take it if they are there.  Also you can't actually fight over it.  Doing it any other way means people could claim land never log back in and the land is just gone for good.  You have to have some system in place to make it where land can be claimed by new/future players.

24 minutes ago, smiltstomb said:

You can't take it if they are there.  Also you can't actually fight over it.  Doing it any other way means people could claim land never log back in and the land is just gone for good.  You have to have some system in place to make it where land can be claimed by new/future players.

That's because the claim system is stupid.  Claims should be limited to 1 per person, and a max size for companies depending on company size.  They should disappear if there's no activity for 20 days or something like that.  You shouldn't have another player able to wipe your claim if you have to go on a business trip or go on vacation, have an extended power outage, etc.

• Like 4

Dont limit claims.  You dont understand that without open land no islands would have resources. people would build in every place and stop the respawn of resources.   Join up with crews and you dont have to worry about land. Stop trying to play an MMO as a single player.

But I agree that the PVE server is far from PVE.  From the constant land stealing (a PvP thing)  Stealing from smithies and the like (also PVP) and because people can access things like smithies griefers are sinking ships in PVE from overloading them. On PVE players shouldnt be  able to access anything owned by someone else, period. Like shipyards. thats PVE.

13 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

Dont limit claims.  You dont understand that without open land no islands would have resources. people would build in every place and stop the respawn of resources.   Join up with crews and you dont have to worry about land. Stop trying to play an MMO as a single player.

But I agree that the PVE server is far from PVE.  From the constant land stealing (a PvP thing)  Stealing from smithies and the like (also PVP) and because people can access things like smithies griefers are sinking ships in PVE from overloading them. On PVE players shouldnt be  able to access anything owned by someone else, period. Like shipyards. thats PVE.

I don't like your answer.  I intend to join up with a crew when I find one I like, but I'm not going to join up with people who annoy me, so that may take a while.  People shouldn't be forced to join an uber crew just to get a spot to claim.  What happens in 2 months when 4 friends decide to start playing the game?  They can't have a crew because the only way to have land is join a mega crew who got here in the first 3 days?  In the end, nobody who didn't get here, avoid all the bugs and issues, and get out and claim entire regions of the map will be able to have a crew.  We'll have 3 crews per server and if you don't like it, tough.  That's your answer?

Also,  I agree with you partly on stealing.  More things ought to be able to have locks on them.  But if there's a way to lock up your stuff, and you don't, I don't see many issues with stealing.   There's a game mechanic to protect your stuff, you just need to use it.   That business of overloading people's ships is griefing.  There's way too many ways to grief in this game.  They need to shut those down.

You dont have to like my answer for it to be true. Sorry Ive posted about this on several other threads and on this one I didnt say that the solution is another server. Its not about mega crews. Mine isnt a mega crew and we are doing fine. On my grid theres dozens of crews with decent sized lands.

6 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

You dont have to like my answer for it to be true. Sorry Ive posted about this on several other threads and on this one I didnt say that the solution is another server. Its not about mega crews. Mine isnt a mega crew and we are doing fine. On my grid theres dozens of crews with decent sized lands.

You've missed the entire point.  I didn't say anything about another server.  What happens to the next 1000 players who buy the game?  If you're not a mega crew, you better plan on being one, because all those players gotta go somewhere.  What happens if these crews don't WANT more players?  Better figure it out quick,  because Jat is tweeting out that they are talking about a wider release next to get hordes more players onto the servers.  Hope they tell them they can't start their own crews or stake their own claims before they let them plunk down their cash.

Your answer is neither true nor false.  It's just your opinion on game design.    People are free to disagree with it and I do.    It makes no accommodation for future players, making the future of the game ridiculous.

• Like 1

I’ve not tried to take anyone’s land or would I steal from unprotected boxes. But the new strategy seems to destroy beds on rafts by players. This or steeling is not apart of Pve. 

And your future of barren islands with 1000s of solo player bases would be bad.  Wc needs to change something in the game design, but forcing land away from people isnt the answer. Since you want to play by yourself they should make it possible like on ark.

1 hour ago, Traven Guthrie said:

And your future of barren islands with 1000s of solo player bases would be bad.  Wc needs to change something in the game design, but forcing land away from people isnt the answer. Since you want to play by yourself they should make it possible like on ark.

If you can't win people over to your point, lying won't help you.

I said earlier I planned to join or start a crew.

I dont need help. I dont need to win anyone over.  Im suggesting solutions that would help YOU. but I guess youve decided Im the bad guy here. Simply because im looking out for not only my company, but all the other companies on our island. So whatever.

Traven, I get your point about solo player bases blocking respawn.  But maybe resource spawning could be adjusted (increased) or respawn suppression limited to building footprints rather than radii.  That way the claiming limits people are asking for could still be implemented, and we would not have to PvP on a PvE server.  I don't know what the answer is but I hope the devs are considering all these things.

4 hours ago, Traven Guthrie said:

Yes, where is the single player option? Or dedicated server? I think a lot of people that just want to solo or play with a friend or two would run this game on their PC and stay off the official servers altogether.

I tried the official servers for about three days before I saw that unofficial servers were available and started playing there. I would have played single player on day one if hat had been available. 

I've tried official before and know that they are just too toxic for me.

This would have that effect at first. but then the mega tribes would be even more powerful if the spawn rate of resources were to be adjusted up to accommodate islands saturated by solo claims.