Sign in to follow this  
=MGC=Ranger

More points for sailing?

Sailing points are almost nil. I realize discovery points and boosted xp discovering new gives you more, but the hours upon hours of sailing produces pretty much nothing. Sailing for hours each day, after a week I see no difference in points. What would it take to get that boosted for those of us who sail all over? It makes it counter productive to sail around if you cannot rank up from sailing. Dodging SOTD fleet with a fully loaded Galleon is NOT easy especially when they spawn out of nowhere lol. How about a little love for the sailors in the game?

Edited by =MGC=Ranger

Maybe instead of sailing get some decent ship xp from ship activities like repairing, picking up flotsam, fishing. I know repairing sounds like it could be rough but it will also be rather resource heavy to straight level this way by tediously managing sotd damage resources and repair time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Sailing points are almost nil. I realize discovery points and boosted xp discovering new gives you more, but the hours upon hours of sailing produces pretty much nothing. Sailing for hours each day, after a week I see no difference in points. What would it take to get that boosted for those of us who sail all over? It makes it counter productive to sail around if you cannot rank up from sailing. Dodging SOTD fleet with a fully loaded Galleon is NOT easy especially when they spawn out of nowhere lol. How about a little love for the sailors in the game?

Build a better ship.. some mw planks on rear.. mw racks.. ignore the sotd.. just sail past em, repair the minor damage.

Weight sails, with a mix of spd and handling is all you need.  Don't overweight your galleon, goes without saying really.  Unless you're making a warship.

Why do you need more sailing points?  You don't.. gameplay.. takes time.  You don't get everything instantly..it'd be boring if you did. 

I think he is talking about xp for ship

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Build a better ship.. some mw planks on rear.. mw racks.. ignore the sotd.. just sail past em, repair the minor damage.

Weight sails, with a mix of spd and handling is all you need.  Don't overweight your galleon, goes without saying really.  Unless you're making a warship.

Why do you need more sailing points?  You don't.. gameplay.. takes time.  You don't get everything instantly..it'd be boring if you did. 

Well in that case, there's already xp generated over time.. 

9 hours ago, seruum said:

Maybe instead of sailing get some decent ship xp from ship activities like repairing, picking up flotsam, fishing. I know repairing sounds like it could be rough but it will also be rather resource heavy to straight level this way by tediously managing sotd damage resources and repair time.

Repairing would just be exploited, we can not have nice things bc networking. Just exchange some broadsides with an ally ship.

15 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Dodging SOTD fleet with a fully loaded Galleon is NOT easy

Shoot em then = XP