Black

40k? More like...

"The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world." What happened to 40k? From what i see there are 15 servers and only 150 players allowed on each. 150 x 15 = 40 000 apparently. Great job WC/GS!

DvC-GdzWoAEPA3b.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, there are 225 individual server squares, each holding (presumably) 150 players. There just happen to only be 15 starting areas.

Even so, 225 x 150 = ~33k .. considering you can't over populate regions because "Players will be randomly selected to be moved out of the region".. 😄 Math still doesn't check out 😞 

1 minute ago, Tenebrion said:

Actually, there are 225 individual server squares, each holding (presumably) 150 players. There just happen to only be 15 starting areas.

Ah yes that'd make more sense. Ty

C’mon no way you expected 40k to be in the same instance :classic_tongue:

There are indeed 15 tiles which hold 150 per tile, however players can still cross between instances, Every tile is a server which is connected to one huge network creating this huge map, 150 per server is still a huge leap compared to ARK’s 70-100 player limit. It is in fact what they said 40k simultaneous players on a single “World”... different instances, in this case you won’t need to transfer stuff between servers such as ark had done. 

friend says even if they fill 150 people per every block or every server, it would be 32k people?

that is very unrealistic to expect that many people to be spread out evenly throughout the entire map, and even then its 32k max?

so is the understanding of how they have their servers wrong?

is the math wrong?

or did they just lie to us all a long about what their game can and will do....

• Like 1

So does that mean we have to wait 10 hours for everyone to harvest enough crap to get them off the island? Solution, DEVS get in there and drop resources bundles so they'll leave the starting areas! Either that or increase the drop rate for a few days. Get everyone moving.

Edited by Stabby

37 minutes ago, xLugoz said:

C’mon no way you expected 40k to be in the same instance :classic_tongue:

There are indeed 15 tiles which hold 150 per tile, however players can still cross between instances, Every tile is a server which is connected to one huge network creating this huge map, 150 per server is still a huge leap compared to ARK’s 70-100 player limit. It is in fact what they said 40k simultaneous players on a single “World”... different instances, in this case you won’t need to transfer stuff between servers such as ark had done. 

Nah we knew wildcard were liars for years 😂 what a worthless dev company 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nah we knew wildcard were liars for years 😂 what a worthless dev company 

It's also an early access game. Instead of buying the game with the full early access notice right on the store page, and then coming to the forums just to talk about how there are issues, just refund the game. We all know there are issues, but we all understand that every game has issues especially at launch, and very much so with a game this massive. 33k people is still a jaw dropping amount of people on one map, and i'm sure once the servers are more stable they will deliver on the 40k people promise. If you don't like the game, refund it. That's all I can tell you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

It's also an early access game. Instead of buying the game with the full early access notice right on the store page, and then coming to the forums just to talk about how there are issues, just refund the game. We all know there are issues, but we all understand that every game has issues especially at launch, and very much so with a game this massive. 33k people is still a jaw dropping amount of people on one map, and i'm sure once the servers are more stable they will deliver on the 40k people promise. If you don't like the game, refund it. That's all I can tell you.

Doubt it 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Doubt it 

It's sad that's the only argument point you can come up with. Again, if you don't want to play the game, you can simply refund it. I don't think anyone wants to have constant negativity from people like you that only come here to complain. Have a great day, the steam sale has plenty of games you can buy with $25 ❤️

2 minutes ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

It's sad that's the only argument point you can come up with. Again, if you don't want to play the game, you can simply refund it. I don't think anyone wants to have constant negativity from people like you that only come here to complain. Have a great day, the steam sale has plenty of games you can buy with $25 ❤️

You might not want me here but not only do I have every right to be here but I am more important than you are. The devs need criticism more than they need blind white knighting. You are more than welcome to leave if you do not like it though 👍

Just now, Realist said:

You might not want me here but not only do I have every right to be here but I am more important than you are. The devs need criticism more than they need blind white knighting. You are more than welcome to leave if you do not like it though 👍

I'm not white knighting at all. I'm fully aware there are problems, and I'm not saying they're not problems and that the company is perfect. I'm simply saying you're complaining about an issue we all know about. Nor did I say that you didn't have a right to be here, and no, you are not more important to me. That's simply a stuck up, cocky attitude you have for no reason. If you'd listen to what I'm saying, you'd realize all we can do is sit and wait for fixes to come, and complaining will do absolutely nothing except vent your own frustrations, which to be frank, none of us care about. We are all going through the same things. 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

I'm not white knighting at all. I'm fully aware there are problems, and I'm not saying they're not problems and that the company is perfect. I'm simply saying you're complaining about an issue we all know about. Nor did I say that you didn't have a right to be here, and no, you are not more important to me. That's simply a stuck up, cocky attitude you have for no reason. If you'd listen to what I'm saying, you'd realize all we can do is sit and wait for fixes to come, and complaining will do absolutely nothing except vent your own frustrations, which to be frank, none of us care about. We are all going through the same things. 🤷‍♂️

Well that is was venting is for. If you don’t want to don’t want you you don’t have to. I choose to 👍

The 39,999 friends I invited to join me on the same island for my ATLAS launch party are going to be very, very disappointed about this.