Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Land claiming = poor decision

12 hours ago, SgtOpt said:

As someone who cannot play all day every day I find this to be most frustrating.  I spend all of my play time on a raft, fighting the wind most of the time, only to find an island that is completely red with claims.  So I set sail and find another island that is completely red and the pattern continues.  I have yet to be able to find a single piece of land to claim.  I've spent all of my hours on Atlas on a raft.  Dying over and over and respawning over and over only to find red islands.  Game is not fun when this is all I do.  I'm tired of my raft and would like to establish some sort of bigger ship.  My play time is so sporadic that I would rather play solo, but this game is not friendly to those who dont have a large company that has someone online 24/7.

You can stop searching there is no grail at the end of your quest, there are no claimable lands that haven't been claimed. You will have to rethink your strategy. 

You guys realize the game is in early access?

If you have suggestions maybe you could post those?

These tears aren't going to get you anywhere.

Remember all those protests where people were screaming for change? There are bums begging for change that see more of it then those complainers. Do you know why?

Because they don't just pose a problem. They offer a solution.

Fed up with it also... just like a lot of other players looking out to move to a good private server.
The downside is it will not feel as big as the original servers, but at least will be able to get a claimed base going.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:23 PM, Realist said:

Not a bad idea but even then, that hurts medium sized companies ones more than anyone.

increase cost wouldn’t hurt the Megas, especially the Megas that dupe.

pretty much in any scenario the Megas come out on top and eventually control all of the land. 

Actually it will get even worse once you can tax other companies. Then the Megas can just tax people for their claim cost and not even have to work to pay it. Leaving the little guy grinding so he can have a 1x1 hut 

Not if they initial price is fair - it makes sense that larger companies/alliances will control more land, but if it increases exponentioally then even they would have to stop at some point.

I honostly have no idea as to how big the largest companies really are in terms of players - and it ofc all depends on how much it increases per claim as well.

1 hour ago, Zoin said:

Not if they initial price is fair - it makes sense that larger companies/alliances will control more land, but if it increases exponentioally then even they would have to stop at some point.

I honostly have no idea as to how big the largest companies really are in terms of players - and it ofc all depends on how much it increases per claim as well.

Just some quick info to give you. Right now a streamer has a companies that is close to 500 players. So even if the cost gets high they can split to 2x250 companies and the other will go back to the initial price like you said since it is a new company. After that they can split into 2x125 companies and quadruple their amount, still have the initial price you said and so on and so on.

not just that but then you get deeper into it. All there needs to be is one person in a company so every time they want more land they just have everyone leave one company except 1 person and now they would be able to make 100 new companies all with the starting initial price.

and no that won’t be a pain for them, that is exactly what they will do and it will be very easy for them to do it.

also don’t think that attack one of their well defended islands that only has 1 person on it would be easy baecause the minute you attack and the warning goes out you got all 500 of those guys coming right for you. Better hope you don’t have any territory after that because that will be the next thing they come for.

this is the Megas game now. Once again there is literally nothing you can do to affect them that wouldn’t harm medium to small companies a lot more 

1 hour ago, Zoin said:

Ah crap i almost forgot. Just wait till the Megas start making their. Alliances, which have probably already happened. Once 3 of the creat an alliance you will now have to worry about 1000 plus players coming after you.

once they know you name and you get green lighted, you will get killed off of every ship you sail on. You will never know if the one ship you see passing by is part of that alliance or not. Chances are good it will be one of them. 

Same with ark, except now all they have to do is sail across a line 😂 before they had to take the time to load everything in, then transfer their characters, then try to find a place to take everything back out on the new server, then set up their fob, then coordinate.

now all they gotta do is sail over with everything and unlimited supplies. Very easy for megas in atlas. Like 100 times easier.

When people are saying that large companies will split up into smaller ones and be able to gain more land, it would not solve their problem if every player has access to only one claim. If that person can decide to give their company a claim, then the company has a max nr of claims the same as the number of players they have. I wouldn't see how this would still allow megas to grow by splitting up.

Also, I suspect that many bits of land are now claimed by people who are potentially no longer playing. I would like to see some system by which we could tell that. I'm not interested in stealing land from someone who is actively using it, but I have been searching for something that is unused.

And yes, stealing an entire base by just planting a flag makes no sense. That is broken. (not that it ever happened to me, but I can quite clearly see that this doesn't make sense)

6 minutes ago, Erian said:

When people are saying that large companies will split up into smaller ones and be able to gain more land, it would not solve their problem if every player has access to only one claim. If that person can decide to give their company a claim, then the company has a max nr of claims the same as the number of players they have. I wouldn't see how this would still allow megas to grow by splitting up.

Also, I suspect that many bits of land are now claimed by people who are potentially no longer playing. I would like to see some system by which we could tell that. I'm not interested in stealing land from someone who is actively using it, but I have been searching for something that is unused.

And yes, stealing an entire base by just planting a flag makes no sense. That is broken. (not that it ever happened to me, but I can quite clearly see that this doesn't make sense)

Yeah your last point is right on. Can’t believe they thought that was a good idea.

there MIGHT be land that has been claimed by players that are not playing anymore, i just doubt it because if someone contested they would automatically get it and I am sure that some people do nothing but try to go around seeing if they can contest something. But it is possible, you are right.

as for the first part, you are also correct. A company of 500 would in fact only be able to claim 500 plots of land. This would also make it to where is was back to being exactly like ark. Instead of stealing your land and your base, the Megas will just come and wipe the base away since they can’t own the land.

i wasn’t complaining about that either mind you. I am fine with this game being more like ark because this game is ark. They just tried to be different and by doing so they added in very stupid ideas just to be a little different. 

Its really pathetic how they made this game. They tried to take a short cut to be different and ended up looking like idiots.

so yes, I will just fully agree with your statement on a 1 flag system. I would much rather go back to the way ark was where their were just server wipes but at least you could build back up. I mean no matter what everyone is getting wiped but at least you can build back up again.