Sign in to follow this  
Deceti

Ship of the Damned?

So, after this patch we met a ship of the damned (4 in a group actually) in our newly floated schooner (speed sails). We could NOT outrun the thing no matter what and it cared NOTHING for wind speed and direction. That was it, 4 days of work sunk in 10 minutes and NOTHING we could do to avoid it short of not venturing onto the ocean in the first place, thus defeating the whole point of the game. 

Partly may have also been the fact that for the first time since we started, the wind speed dropped to almost nothing right as the damned ship showed up. Also noticed they follow you across server borders as well.

sigh....

Just had the same thing happened to us. No way to outrun these things. It's just death.

been sailing around abit myself and its well getting to the point i cant go anywhere, so now its just gonna be rafts anywhere i go 😞

The ghost ships don't focus on rafts, they just high speed on ships and fuck them up, and then if you manage to outrun it dw theres another one that spawns.

The sloop can kind of outrun it but the spawn rate and the aggro range makes it difficult to even make it out of a single grid before you get overwhelmed. I'm thinking these should only spawn in golden age ruins grids? Or perhaps at a lesser rate with a smaller aggro range.