Sign in to follow this  
Robert Tyburne

Server Queues Please

It wasn't entirely unexpected that there'd be crowding in order to log onto the servers. However, I'd at the very least like to have some sort of queue put in there so I don't have to keep manually checking every few minutes to see if I can get in.

Could already be working on that, but that'd be my first bit of feedback for the devs.

20181222150209_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thesavagerain said:

So far great clicking simulator. 11/10 ign would click more.

F5 simulator. A $30 experience!

Early access,   should rename this game to Denied Access instead.     these server can host 40k players in one area...  That are total BS tbh...  it cant even handle the login process.

Edited by Leverantören

I was in, with some of the first, was in the process of creating my character - 5 minutes later, got DC'ed and now can't reconnect.. thanks

Heck steam cant even handle the 500mb update it is going to take an hour for unknown reasons for me to update and for what full servers... 

from the makers of ARK evovlved... more hardship on early access.

This is all part of the authentic experience.

Server queue technology didn't exist in the 17th century. Back then, pirates had to manually log in, just as we have to do here.

Hence the traditional pirate admonition: "Click, me hearties! CLICK LIKE THE WIND!"

7 minutes ago, Leverantören said:

Early access,   should rename this game to Denied Access instead.     these server can host 40k players in one area...  That are total BS tbh...  it cant even handle the login process.

That number is already showing to be at best a spin.. Each map has 255 (15x15) instances with max 150 lofings per instance. So no, it's not 40K per server it is 150 and not all servers are actually up, just a handful of instances.

So far for being a MMO.. It's nowhere close to that unless I can freely and uninterrupted move between instances and or communicate with players in other instances. I'll give it a day or two before I refund and I have a feeling a lot of people will do the same as the hype train clearly was not entirely accurate to put it mildly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwistedEndz said:

all servers are timing out now , every one of them .. 

Yeah, also started experiencing this after getting to the grid select. Don't know how many early streamers were in and checking things out prior, as it kinda looked like Wildcard was trying to test login capabilities at the same time. Could just be that the servers are just not handling the now additional thousands of players that are all trying to cram onto the servers at the same time.

But hey, it's Early Access. We all signed up knowing that there'd be issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Robert Tyburne said:

Yeah, also started experiencing this after getting to the grid select. Don't know how many early streamers were in and checking things out prior, as it kinda looked like Wildcard was trying to test login capabilities at the same time. Could just be that the servers are just not handling the now additional thousands of players that are all trying to cram onto the servers at the same time.

But hey, it's Early Access. We all signed up knowing that there'd be issues.

Agreed, Early Access is the new beta nowadays. No complaints here, I get it. Eventually we'll all be able to play. All my mates are out and about this evening anyways for holiday. Can't wait to sail the seas with the crew on return. Good luck all!

• Like 1

Just now, Goldfish The Builder said:

Definitely need a Q, with a place in line # etc 🙂 

Agreed, a queue would be nice. I think with everything going on though, it'll be at the least of their concern. Not to say rudely, but getting people in and stability is higher priority. I do however second the motion for a queue when possible.

1 minute ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Definitely need a Q, with a place in line # etc 🙂 

Ark has been asking for it for about 4 years. They don't care, it's just a cash grab. 

Just now, legolas said:

queue would be nice

Yeah. Ark players have been asking for it for years and Wildcard has been quite happy with the 3 year old something joinsim. 

and of course....big streamers are playing it without ANY issue. 

why is that you ask?

its a marketing strategy.  BIG streamers get their game in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

We of course as smaller streamers, did we get a key? Of course not.  And we people who paid 25.00 cant get in?  Of course we can't and we have to wait just like everyone else.

gotta love marketing

Edited by NerdyTimes
  • Like 1

Would be nice to hear what they are working on to solve this.  But a queue would be wonderful to allow people to clear from starting zones.

Most of the streamers are playing private servers though.  Not an issue there.

Patience is definitely needed but is also definitely being strained the last week.

Edited by Wrage
Addition