Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ANSWER US DEVS!

Enough is enough. We need immediate communication from the Devs and a patch today to resolve the following issues. And if it isn't received I say we all boycott with our money. I know I for one will be refunding if these are not taken care of immediately. I've spent 27 hours on the seas, looking for new land. All islands have been claimed and are unusable. Due to players being allowed to place unlimited claims, which ruins resource respawning rates. I lost my sloop due to server lag loops as well. If you want the game to start getting positive reviews, starting getting stuff done.

1. Limit claims to 1 per character, per map, with a maximum total of 3.

2. Claims without at least 4 foundations and a bed expire in 4 hours.

3. All Claims have a flag maintenance cost. If it is not paid within 72 hours, the claim expires.

4. Increase the spawn rate of trees, rocks, etc. We shouldn't be seeing bare islands.

5. Claims should not interrupt resource respawning rate. Nor should player housing.

6. Companies need to be limited in player size. 200 players maximum.

7. OPEN A ADDITIONAL US PVE AND PVP SERVER CLUSTER!

Edited by Tiberius_theron

I’m pretty sure you would’ve known they are aware of the issues stated above if you did any kind of research first. 

As for the refund; I don’t think Steam will refund your game after 27 hours. Atleast not with the reason ‘It’s not working like I want it to work’. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tiberius_theron said:

I've done my research and seen nothing from the Devs. Feel free to drop links to their supposed communications.

Patch notes, twitter... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tiberius_theron said:

The patch notes say nothing, and have fixed nothing. Twitter is about as useless as they are.

Now I understand your way of thinking. That ends it for me here. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

I've done my research and seen nothing from the Devs. Feel free to drop links to their supposed communications.

https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
https://twitter.com/Jatheish

Both have been communicating quite frequently about the patches, issues, etc.

AND there will be a news post about their plans and more (announced below...on their twitter)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

Enough is enough. We need immediate communication from the Devs and a patch today to resolve the following issues. And if it isn't received I say we all boycott with our money. I know I for one will be refunding if these are not taken care of immediately. I've spent 27 hours on the seas, looking for new land. All islands have been claimed and are unusable. Due to players being allowed to place unlimited claims, which ruins resource respawning rates. I lost my sloop due to server lag loops as well. If you want the game to start getting positive reviews, starting getting stuff done.

1. Limit claims to 1 per character, per map, with a maximum total of 3.

2. Claims without at least 4 foundations and a bed expire in 4 hours.

3. All Claims have a flag maintenance cost. If it is not paid within 72 hours, the claim expires.

4. Increase the spawn rate of trees, rocks, etc. We shouldn't be seeing bare islands.

5. Claims should not interrupt resource respawning rate. Nor should player housing.

6. Companies need to be limited in player size. 200 players maximum.

7. OPEN A ADDITIONAL US PVE AND PVP SERVER CLUSTER!

Join a larger group,  and claims are not the biggest problem right now, go to more hostile environments, less people live there, ask in general chat if anyone is looking for a new member. Discard the solo mentality, claims show up on maps, there is no place to hide and be a solo or even a small group player.
Even 20-30 man groups are getting destroyed up by larger groups.

Edited by Evir
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

I’m pretty sure you would’ve known they are aware of the issues stated above if you did any kind of research first. 

As for the refund; I don’t think Steam will refund your game after 27 hours. Atleast not with the reason ‘It’s not working like I want it to work’. 

Actually, steam is about to treat this game like Bless Online. They will be refunding a lot of games shortly after this patch once people who request refunds show what has happened. Someone I game with refunded this at a little over 50+ hours of game play. They showed a video of the gameplay and steam refunded based off that. 

20 minutes ago, ShadyHashtag said:

Actually, steam is about to treat this game like Bless Online. They will be refunding a lot of games shortly after this patch once people who request refunds show what has happened. Someone I game with refunded this at a little over 50+ hours of game play. They showed a video of the gameplay and steam refunded based off that. 

Bit weird then, since it’s an Early Access game and companies like Steam almost never refund those since the players accepted the terms that things that makes people want to refund, happen. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius_theron said:

I'll believe it, when I actually see it happen.

*says he has done research and patch notes say nothing and Twitter is useless*

*within a few minutes direct evidence is linked refuting his assertions*

*backpedals to I’ll believe it when I see it*

I’m just getting the strong impression here that EA games are not for you. You get frustrated easily and start demanding things of devs as if they are unaware of what is going on with the game, then when people show direct evidence that they are aware of and looking to address things, you remain skeptical even though you own assertions were just debunked. You should probably refund and try the game again in a couple years at release.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*says he has done research and patch notes say nothing and Twitter is useless*

*within a few minutes direct evidence is linked refuting his assertions*

*backpedals to I’ll believe it when I see it*

I’m just getting the strong impression here that EA games are not for you. You get frustrated easily and start demanding things of devs as if they are unaware of what is going on with the game, then when people show direct evidence that they are aware of and looking to address things, you remain skeptical even though you own assertions were just debunked. You should probably refund and try the game again in a couple years at release.

It's not reasonable to claim that "EA games are not for you." I've played countless EA games and introducing a game breaking patch in the middle of the night and then falling media silent has nothing to do with being a "EA Game" and everything to do with the competency of the company. 

2 minutes ago, Poke said:

It's not reasonable to claim that "EA games are not for you." I've played countless EA games and introducing a game breaking patch in the middle of the night and then falling media silent has nothing to do with being a "EA Game" and everything to do with the competency of the company. 

Did you look at the links provided that refuted the OP’s assertion? They did not “fall media silent” and saying so is in no way a fair characterization. Also please don’t quote things I didn’t say. I never said “EA games are not for you”. What I said was that I’m getting an impression to that effect. You took a perfectly reasonable statement by me, an impression I was getting, changed it slightly but significantly, then claimed it was an unreasonable claim. This is strawmanning.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Did you look at the links provided that refuted the OP’s assertion? They did not “fall media silent” and saying so is in no way a fair characterization. Also please don’t quote things I didn’t say. I never said “EA games are not for you”. What I said was that I’m getting an impression to that effect. You took a perfectly reasonable statement by me, an impression I was getting, changed it slightly but significantly, then claimed it was an unreasonable claim. This is strawmanning.

Welcome to the official forums.