Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

OFFICIAL REQUEST: TURNBACK SKILL POINT

there is a history lesson looking at other MMO's... you need to have either the ability to create multiple chars (smith/fighter/...) or you have to separate combat/crafting skills!

almost nobody want to only play a shipmaker or smith for the rest of their gametime! the majority of people will want to mostly fight/explore and do crafting on the side (granted in this game there might also enough people who happy with just base building - but they are also screwed by claiming system).

And then there is the EA aspect! we are supposed to give feedback and find bugs... how can i give feedback if i cant skill anything than one tree (if im lvl 50, which i am not so i can only skill half a tree...)

There is a point to be made about it being "too easy" to progress before this patch, and I understand that it was entirely too easy for 1 guy to build his sloop and do things without any sort of support network. However the "fix" that has been implemented (adjusting the skill point cost up so high) effectively makes small groups of friends untenable - The group I'm playing with are all working adults with wildly varying schedules that leave us with maybe 5 or 6 people on at any given time on a good day. Now if our "dedicated" smith is out for a day or two we're screwed for metal gear. Shipbuilder is out of town? well no boats for your clan. Which doesn't sound that bad until you realise that these people have already rendered themselves largely combat ineffective by being crafters and what if they're the only folks on when that enemy galleon hoves into view? Is it possible for us to advance right now? yes. Is it fun? Not really. 

Yah, this update basically lets me know I made a mistake buying this game. Sad to, because I found it really enjoyable. Oh well, wasted 25 bucks. 

They want to force relying on each other, but that isn't the reality of MMO gaming. Forced grouping should only be for combat on end game content or special things. never for character development. The less I can do, the less I will play. They stay with this path, watch the game wither and die.  When the new wears off, mass exodus.

11 hours ago, noquarter said:

Yah, this update basically lets me know I made a mistake buying this game. Sad to, because I found it really enjoyable. Oh well, wasted 25 bucks. 

They want to force relying on each other, but that isn't the reality of MMO gaming. Forced grouping should only be for combat on end game content or special things. never for character development. The less I can do, the less I will play. They stay with this path, watch the game wither and die.  When the new wears off, mass exodus.

I don't disagree with you. Am really curious how they respond in the next few patches.