Sign in to follow this  
MRT

Change the way to claim and construct bases

I was watching some streamers consctruct their bases and i is not what i was expcteting!

For exemple this artwork from Atlas devs:

6c49353e-399c-4973-b566-1d70220f1b10.png

All bases that i saw was not like that, non sense rock squares, bugged gates and everything else dont look like this.

What do you guys thing about another way to build? idk something like you can claim only especifics places that was made to build base and then a system that you can upgrade it (ex Archeage castles build, Albion Online, No Mans Sky, Subnautica build system? and others).

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you guys got what im trying to say!

some examples images:

blog4.jpg

archeage-castle-gate.jpg

I agree the building system is no better then other survival games almost worse it's impossible to build a wall to a natural stone barrier that's not straight walls can't half go through terrain

Supposedly according to the steam description its improved from ark, how much more improved is it, and what exactly is the differences ? 

This will chaHouse.thumb.JPG.e1d3e992b5b9e880074792e73434cc32.JPGnge. I have built castles that look like this in ark with a Mod the assets just are not in game yet. Ark Building wise was horrible at first as well.

Base.jpg

Though base ark is all squares lol

• Confused 1

I'm getting very tired of Sailiing from island to island and seeing scattered flags all over the place with nowhere to place my own. I can't even get to base building yet........

One grid square i. E. One or two islands is one server. You aren't going to see large private servers. 

6 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

One grid square i. E. One or two islands is one server. You aren't going to see large private servers. 

Sure but even if the total population was relative, it could be just fine. 3x3 at 60 people could be light for some, just right, or heavy depending on desired play style. But forcing 33k+ people on a connected map drastically changes or in some cases, eliminates, gameplay elements that are desired for this game, such as bases.

I was think something like this:

BwRQEQ3.png

Following the ideia from this topic: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8499-suggestion-claim-changes-murdercriminal-system-and-sieges/

Each "company claim" area has the same size, when you claim you have the base lv 1, after that you can upgrade the power and the type of some setor like: Walls, Towers and Gates.

Inside the base you can construct houses, shops, farms and everything else.

The system will Upgrade to you only the Walls, Towers and Gates (port maybe)?

Edited by MRT

there wil be some large servers, those that are privately hosted
otherwise its about $10 a month per square at Nitrado.

Base building has been improved a lot compared with Ark..
Foundation stacking, half walls, triangles.. most of it comes from other Mods and they had a good look at Conan.

19 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Nope. There are already private servers with 9 grids. That is at least 9 x 5 = 45 islands on a private server. You can also have 4 x 4 too.

Just like ARK (and maybe already), many more people will be playing the unofficial servers and not the official.The officials will be left to the griefers and those that for some reason just don't want to play on other servers.