Sign in to follow this  
Wheelx

Official Servers - We need more of them

HI!

Are there any plan for making more servers for the public? There is no dedicated servers that are working perfect and the official servers are full and all claimed...

Instead of more servers, they could extend the grid. This would def be preferable as they wanted a "single" world kind of feel like EVE

The best thing to do in any situation where fire is involved is clearly to make a lot more of it.

//sarcasm off

Don't think it would help at this point.

Just now, Zoin said:

Instead of more servers, they could extend the grid. This would def be preferable as they wanted a "single" world kind of feel like EVE

Yes I think they’d first make the grid larger. Or they should make small company servers. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes I think they’d first make the grid larger. Or they should make small company servers.  

If they made a larger grid they would still need to wipe the sever so the spawns in the center of the map are gone and people can actually explore, multiple severs would be better so they can just have random free town spawns much more spaced out and people can actually go out and claim lands. HOWEVER, they cant even manage 4 severs and implement a simple sever restart every few hours in case a sever node dies and your character gets stuck in limbo so god help us if they try to make more fucking severs.

1 minute ago, Rando said:

If they made a larger grid they would still need to wipe the sever so the spawns in the center of the map are gone and people can actually explore, multiple severs would be better so they can just have random free town spawns much more spaced out and people can actually go out and claim lands. HOWEVER, they cant even manage 4 severs and implement a simple sever restart every few hours in case a sever node dies and your character gets stuck in limbo so god help us if they try to make more fucking severs.

I never said they need to do it now. I said that that will be the first thing they’d do. 

16 hours ago, Wheelx said:

HI!

Are there any plan for making more servers for the public? There is no dedicated servers that are working perfect and the official servers are full and all claimed...

Since their sales were very bad and a lot of people got refunds I wouldn’t expect more official servers any time soon. 

They will he running out of money pretty quick.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Since their sales were very bad and a lot of people got refunds I wouldn’t expect more official servers any time soon. 

They will he running out of money pretty quick.

Hey you’re back and misinforming people already. Great way to start the day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Hey you’re back and misinforming people already. Great way to start the day. 

You are the definition of going off topic. Please stay on topic 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I never said they need to do it now. I said that that will be the first thing they’d do. 

there is just no point for a larger grid regardless.

18 minutes ago, Zoin said:

Um... each piece of the grid is a separate server. hope you realize that... every zone wall you go through... is a server wall... A10 and A9 are different servers... they're next to each other on the grid... and you travel from 1 to the other on a boat... so... extending the grid = more servers. Just fyi.

4 minutes ago, Rando said:

there is just no point for a larger grid regardless.

I believe there will be, since ARK players have been complaining about alpha tribes ever since the first server launched so this would maybe be a great way to counter that. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I believe there will be, since ARK players have been complaining about alpha tribes ever since the first server launched so this would maybe be a great way to counter that. 

No, absolutely pointless, like Boredaholic said each grid is a sever, every time you hop grids you hop severs, there is no way they can support a larger grid, they would be much better off making more main severs to cut down on all the connections trying to get into a single sever.

1 minute ago, Rando said:

No, absolutely pointless, like Boredaholic said each grid is a sever, every time you hop grids you hop severs, there is no way they can support a larger grid, they would be much better off making more main severs to cut down on all the connections trying to get into a single sever.

Yet, we don’t know that. So it could happen or it couldn’t. My guess is that it could happen eventually. 

And with that I mean maybe in 3 years. 

Edited by Percieval

it's not harder to make a larger grid than it is to set up a bunch of new servers for a full grid, if they up the player limit on each grid fine, but we need more land/islands, since they simple are too small, we are like 25-30 ppl on our island and it is harvested CLEAN between repops all the time, total barren wasteland... upping the player cap would NOT help since there is no materials for more people.

a larger grid would also mean even more people... and hopefully in the end we can set up trade towns (atleast that is what my company hopes to do when stuff is more settled) a no fight area where people can come to and trade peacefully and if anyone make trouble then they will get butchered. and fed to the sharks. doubling the grid on both X and Y axis would give us 3x more free grids on top of the set we have now, plenty room for new people to join and start on and it would be awesome and then with 5-10 trade towns and people could sail between the trade towns just living on trading if they wanted and people can come from nearby islands to sell/buy what they need/have extra of.

22 hours ago, Wheelx said:

HI!

Go fight for that land!!!

May be unpopular, but just need one more server, which should be in PAC and then it needs to region lock servers.

1 hour ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Go fight for that land!!!

Haha yeah seems like there is no option 😉 

On 12/27/2018 at 5:55 PM, Boredaholic said:

Um... each piece of the grid is a separate server. hope you realize that... every zone wall you go through... is a server wall... A10 and A9 are different servers... they're next to each other on the grid... and you travel from 1 to the other on a boat... so... extending the grid = more servers. Just fyi.

I am well aware.

Though I would referer to them as nodes over that of servers, as you initially choose your "world"/Server when first joining obviously - Just to not confuse the two with eachother 😜