Sign in to follow this  
Writhes

Give me a reason to not refund, just one.

I like many others get timed out on the loading screen of this game even though far above the minimum pc requirements. I'm now sitting at 1.9 hours playtime from the menu screen and failed loading attempts. I haven't seen any communication from the development about an issue many people are having which is perhaps even more frustrating than not being able to play the game.  I just want one worthwhile reason for why I shouldn't refund now. Why should I keep this game at this point?

Lots of communication and fixes have been done. But better refund if you don’t like early access games. 

• Like 1

The fact that they where hotfixing the day before christmas? Other devs would have been like: "lol nerds git gud, seeya after the 1st of the year!" 

20 minutes ago, Chimera said:

The fact that they where hotfixing the day before christmas? Other devs would have been like: "lol nerds git gud, seeya after the 1st of the year!" 

I don't really believe that. Assume for a moment their launch wasn't a disaster and running perfectly smooth for everyone. I guarantee a lot more developers would be on out for the holiday.

However, look at this from the perspective of the company. Their launch was horrible and many people can't even log in and many people that bought the game are refunding and review bombing on steam so grapeshot's credibility is going down the drain every day that passes till this game is in more working condition. These are time sensitive issues that can't be ignored for the sake of a holiday. Obviously, grapeshot development has no choice but to keep working over the holiday because they can't simply ignore their broken game.

Edited by Writhes

17 minutes ago, Chimera said:

There are not many devs out there who would release a broken game right before Christmas then neglect it and just watch the refunds roll in.  

8 minutes ago, Writhes said:

I don't really believe that. Assume for a moment their launch wasn't a disaster and running perfectly smooth for everyone. I guarantee they would be on out for the holiday.

However, look at this from the perspective of the company. Their launch was horrible and many people can't even log in and many people that bought the game are refunding and review bombing on steam so grapeshot's credibility is going down the drain every day that passes till this game is in more working condition. These are time sensitive issues that can't be ignored for the sake of a holiday. Obviously, grapeshot development has no choice but to keep working over the holiday because they can't simply ignore their broken game.

Did you read what he said? 

OT: Sir, I don’t know if you know this but launching a game with 60K players trying to log in at the same time on the same server is something nobody can simulate. Everyone with atleast some sense knew this was going to happen. It has been YOUR and other people’s decision to come and play an early access game, and it is your decision to leave.

But please, don’t be that guy that tells other people the developers are ignoring their game, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Maybe try to read something more next time you start a topic like this. 

Grapeshot’s reputation down the drain? Oh please. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Writhes said:

I don't really believe that. Assume for a moment their launch wasn't a disaster and running perfectly smooth for everyone. I guarantee they would be on out for the holiday.

The only thing I disagree with in your post is the notion they would all be home if everything were working smoothly. I think if you’re a developer with half a brain and you launch the week of Christmas, you tell everyone to expect to work through the holiday, because there’s just no way everything will be smooth and you know it. Granted it could have been tons better than it was, but I don’t think anyone at Grapeshot had any illusions about sitting at Homs on Christmas the moment a mid December launch was announced. 

The rest of your post is spot on. They are def in damage control mode and time is of the essence. I hope they right the ship but this was not a good launch and especially with MMO’s, a botched launch can be potentially fatal. Only time will tell.

Their rep

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

OT: Sir, I don’t know if you know this but launching a game with 60K players trying to log in at the same time on the same server is something nobody can simulate. Everyone with atleast some sense knew this was going to happen. It has been YOUR and other people’s decision to come and play an early access game, and it is your decision to leave.

But please, don’t be that guy that tells other people the developers are ignoring their game, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Their reputation was damaged before they even decided to change their name to grapeshot. Hell once they announced this game it became apparent why ark wasn’t getting the attention it needed for the past year or so.  Let’s not act like this is a brand new company and forget all the miss steps they made over the past 4 years or so.  

2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Their rep

Their reputation was damaged before they even decided to change their name to grapeshot. Hell once they announced this game it became apparent why ark wasn’t getting the attention it needed for the past year or so.  Let’s not act like this is a brand new company and forget all the miss steps they made over the past 4 years or so.  

Never said that. But knowing and ignoring have a different meaning. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I've been playing Ark survival evolved since it's early access release so sorry tell you this but I know all too well where my expectations should be set in comparison. There is no specific nature in which people are supposed to act and if the developers release a early access game they should be aware of those risks and how their community will respond to an unpleasant experience.

To put it simply I don't care if it's early access because it's still a purchased product and you can be certain that I like many others are going to have an opinion about it. If a game isn't going to be playable by a large % of their playerbase then perhaps they should have tried a free open beta instead of charging people for their unplayable game.

2 minutes ago, Writhes said:

I've been playing Ark survival evolved since it's early access release so sorry tell you this but I know all too well where my expectations should be set in comparison. There is no specific nature in which people are supposed to act and if the developers release a early access game they should be aware of those risks and how their community will respond to an unpleasant experience.

To put it simply I don't care if it's early access because it's still a purchased product and you can be certain that I like many others are going to have an opinion about it. If a game isn't going to be playable by a large % of their playerbase then perhaps they should have tried a free open beta instead of charging people for their unplayable game.

Again, yours and their decision to make.

if you asked me, I would have made the game open and free for everyone for 2 weeks or something to test it to the max. even enable all the skills so people can go ham, but its their decision not to do so and then I can complain about that (like many people do on the forums) or I can try to help. 

There have been topics with people only calling the game shit and there have been topics of people saying what they would like to see changed and if other people agree... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Writhes said:

I like many others get timed out on the loading screen of this game even though far above the minimum pc requirements. I'm now sitting at 1.9 hours playtime from the menu screen and failed loading attempts. I haven't seen any communication from the development about an issue many people are having which is perhaps even more frustrating than not being able to play the game.  I just want one worthwhile reason for why I shouldn't refund now. Why should I keep this game at this point?

If nothing else you bought an early access game at a cheaper price than what it will be when it’s as a full release title. 

Even if you decide you don’t wanna play it you still have effectively bought the future full release for a cheaper price. 

Or be stupid get a refund and pay full price when it releases fully. 

Anyone with common sense did know this is an ambitious game and that there would be a lot of bugs in the beginning.

Plus it is indeed early access, i have a lot of experience in early access games and the first weeks after release are always very bumpy, especially when a game is very ambitious.

I think a lot of people made the wrong decision to buy this game without any early access knowledge or experience.

• Like 1