Sign in to follow this  
Dulu

You shouldn't be afraid of piracy.. (If they ever add it)

PvE and less aggressive players really shouldn't worry about the addition of piracy mechanics.

Adding piracy to the game actually benefits you. As it is right now, if my crew and I sail by your unprotected fleet, or catch you on the open seas: we HAVE to sink you, just to see what you might have on board.

By giving me the option of stealing your ship, you are creating more wiggle room for yourself. Maybe instead of just knocking planks off, I'll go for a boarding option, or try to run you aground. Both of these give you way more tactical options to either win the fight, or escape.

And if they make it so you can't steal ships that have been anchored for 20 minutes, it actually makes me not want to offline your ship, because I might be able to steal it later.

As it is right now, with no piracy - my only choice for getting loot is sinking your ship. Piracy is your friend. Let it happen.

Yeah I think they should make the ships steering wheel, and sails useable by anyone, so that ships out at sea can be "stolen" or "claimed" while moving it around. 

I dont think they should make you full anquor, take out the 20 min, so that it's not necessary to guard your ship for 20 min every time you park.  

And when all your boarding options fail, you sink the boat anyway, but sure I'm all for ship stealing. Will be interesting to see how well that works with invincible npcs on turrets

Plus if my ship is going to be stolen I will popcorn all the cargo and scuttle the ship

3 hours ago, Badkebab said:

And when all your boarding options fail, you sink the boat anyway, but sure I'm all for ship stealing. Will be interesting to see how well that works with invincible npcs on turrets

Plus if my ship is going to be stolen I will popcorn all the cargo and scuttle the ship

oh well, then I, as stealer, i didn't lose anything anyway... and if you are good you can beat me and steal me the boat... it's pretty much useless popcorn ships, and i can still salvage the ship

4 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Wood thatch fibre.... What a booty 

still, you lost the ship... not me :^)

If you scuttle your ship just because i hook your ship.... 100/100 i'll do it all days

17 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Obviously some players wouldn't want their ship stolen, so they WOULD scuttle when they think they need to, but that would create part of the challenge, kill the player, and steal the ship while he's still on pvp timer. If they find all the beds before its scuttled, then there's not much you can do then.  Ships would probably still be sunk usually, but youd have the primary goal of stealing it before sinking it at least. 

So many ways this could foster entertaining piracy.

11 hours ago, Mike L said:

Obviously some players wouldn't want their ship stolen, so they WOULD scuttle when they think they need to, but that would create part of the challenge, kill the player, and steal the ship while he's still on pvp timer. If they find all the beds before its scuttled, then there's not much you can do then.  Ships would probably still be sunk usually, but youd have the primary goal of stealing it before sinking it at least. 

So many ways this could foster entertaining piracy.

Not going to work unless they block the Aimbotters and cheaters. Sorry to say no matter what great, cool mechanics they put in it will be exploited by the very same players doing it now.

Its very aggressive on Reddit, the same ones i reported months ago, are now back after a ban.

They need to get things in order or else this system will never be worth a damn.

Edited by Sneakydude

6 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Not going to work unless they block the Aimbotters and cheaters. Sorry to say no matter what great, cool mechanics they put in it will be exploited by the very same players doing it now.

Its very aggressive on Reddit, the same ones i reported months ago, are now back after a ban.

They need to get things in order or else this system will never be worth a damn.

They have to come out with content, and then improve the stability of games underlying systems, then battleye will be updated and kick all the hackers out, gonna take some time, but I honestly havent ran into any hackers yet.

Your outlook on things is pretty negative though, hackers come cheat ya out of your claim or something?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike L said:

They have to come out with content, and then improve the stability of games underlying systems, then battleye will be updated and kick all the hackers out, gonna take some time, but I honestly havent ran into any hackers yet.

Your outlook on things is pretty negative though, hackers come cheat ya out of your claim or something?

Pretty much, the same ones being mentioned in Reddit right now, i know many of the posts have been deleted.

QM, Huya, huyu whatever are the same ppl we had at the start of the game doing the exact same aimbot crap they are doing now.

I reported that crap months ago and refuse to go back to official because its lame.

As for negativity, yes the direction the devs are taking and the lack of dealing with things have been since ark EA. Never expected atlas to be arkish either, boy was i fooled.

Edited by Sneakydude

Yeah I was fooled by it not being like ark as well. They should make tames mostly used for farming in my opinion. 

I havent yet run into hackers, I'm not saying they dont exists, I HAVE however been called a hacker for winning a fight while outnumbered. 

This early in games development though is the only time hackers will have free reign to cheat, eventually they will get banned. 

If your being hardcore harrassed by them, it might be time to change company name or keep taking a break from officials like your doing. 

Edited by Mike L