Captain Jack Shadow

Skill Tree Change?

Skill tree change  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Separate creators and users?

• Yes.
    • No.

As it is now, you often have to spec into the ability to create, in order to use, or tame in order to ride, etc...  What's the point in me being the tamer for the group, if everyone has to spec deep into Beastmastery to ride what I tame?

People have been saying this since early on. I assume they'll add it later. It's weird you need to be a master smith to wield master armour.

• Thanks 1

Weird and completely counterproductive to economy, since you can't make things to sell to other people that they can use without being able to craft the thing themselves. People like to talk about how cooking is useless, but afaik right now it is literally the only crafting tree that allows you to make things others can use that they can't craft for themselves, since everyone can eat.  As far as I can tell this is completely nonsensical design unless the devs are wanting to test craft and use independently of craft and sell or craft for guild for some bizarre reason.

• Like 1

This is definitely something a lot of players have been asking for. I will not raid the only guy in my sector creating a specific item that requires some form of mastery because his ability to craft it and trade it is more important than the thing itself in my opinion. It adds value to the players themselves who do the crafting/taming etc. 

if for instance every player can craft basic pistols by default. But only a master crafter who has specked into gun smithing can craft carbines I would totally okay with this. As long as that master crafter can then sell a fine carbine to me and then I can use it. 

This would give gold an actual use after the first 5000 you collect, rather than it just sitting in my base collecting dust like the way it is now.

id even be okay with a basic carbine costing what a fine carbine blueprint costs right ( 2x alloys, 2x oils etc) now being the case to making the crafting tree deeper with the bonus damage buff coming from a combination of gold and the intelligence of the crafter. 

Just my opinion. 

I guess I would like to see something like this.

1. Use
  2. Crafting
  3. Crafting Improved
  4. Crafting Further Improved

I would like to see improvements in crafting, reduce the cost of crafting.  A master craftsman is going to waste less material when they craft, right?

As far as use goes, if you are going to have to spec into using better equipment, then that would need to branch off in a separate branch of the tree.  Frankly though, that seems a little silly.  What is the difference between using a sword made by a master craftsman, and one made by an apprentice?  One does not require more skill.  It's still a sword.  If anything, you might need to be more skilled to use the apprentice made sword.  If this is a stand in for being more skilled, then just make it that, and allow it to give a little buff to the item you use, regardless of what level it is.  Just make it an actual skill buff, like the Strong Arm skill.

• Thanks 1