Martyn

Forget the 12 hour rule for Settlements, just whitelist them.

The idea that settlement owners can go around when they log in, demo'ing someones griefing attempt is just unworkable.

Make it so that as soon as someone claims an island, it is entirely theirs.  Noone can build until the owner added them to the settlement.  If anyone griefs from that point forward, the owner just removes their name from the settlement and they can't build anymore.  People who are "in" the settlement who have structures should then automatically be safe.  There is a risk of owners exploiting this route, but it's alot less likely than the previous idea where the land becomes covered in foundations, pillers, shipyards etc in hours and then the owners, have to wait days for it all to disappear.

Then they can manually remove their structures and manual removal should be only for non listed companies and without a time limit.  So they can completely remove all griefing attempts.

In pvp you can eventually destroy stuff, but it takes forever.. otherwise it's wait 4-24 days or whatever for it to autodemo, depending on what it is or where it's built, ie on a foundation or on the land.  There's so much griefing going on right now that it seems pointless having such limited systems in place, that take too long to use, it is essentially rewarding trolls and griefers and slapping your actual playerbase in the face.

Hope you learn this before you release the pve server.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 2

u didnt think this through very well did u 

claim an island with one flag and then dont allow anyone to build unless the owners says so , how many do u think will allow randoms players to build ......

silly idea sorry ...

At first I thought this is a great idea, then I read Udo's comment and the little light bulb went on. 

But I thought of a something as well. Allow everyone to build as normal but with a rapid decay rate like on Lawless. people to a "white List" that would exempt them from the rapid decay rate.

of course this opens more ways to grief someone.....sigh...like removing an established player from this white list and watch their hard work decay away....

oh well. we are all doomed....

4 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

At first I thought this is a great idea, then I read Udo's comment and the little light bulb went on. 

But I thought of a something as well. Allow everyone to build as normal but with a rapid decay rate like on Lawless. people to a "white List" that would exempt them from the rapid decay rate.

of course this opens more ways to grief someone.....sigh...like removing an established player from this white list and watch their hard work decay away....

i was big advocate of just a simple solution, limit the damn flags claims and remove sea claims there all issues with claims solved  , they got it working right then decided to remove it entirly 😕

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UDO said:

u didnt think this through very well did u 

claim an island with one flag and then dont allow anyone to build unless the owners says so , how many do u think will allow randoms players to build ......

silly idea sorry ...

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Absolutely not, what an awful idea.

The way it currently stands.

Player A comes along, works his/her arse off for several hours.  Claims island.

Players B-F turn up, grief them placing stuff all over the island.

Player A logs in, as soon as they enter render distance of their ships, they sink, they can't exit their buildings or can't move as freely due to griefing.

So why should any player or company of,  claim an island? What's the point? Waste of time.. might as well just get rid of the claim flags completely.  Let everyone just grief everyone else.

Oh wait.. maybe that's what you want.  The right to grief in freedom.

4 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

Yes it's open to exploitation, but at least it's the people who do the least work being exploited not the ones who do the most.  I wouldn't allow whitelist to remove the decay rate, in fact the decay rate needs to be severely dropped so stuff breaks down alot faster.  And more generically.

Edited by Martyn

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

The way it currently stands.

Player A comes along, works his/her arse off for several hours.  Claims island.

Players B-F turn up, grief them placing stuff all over the island.

Player A logs in, as soon as they enter render distance of their ships, they sink, they can't exit their buildings or can't move as freely due to griefing.

So why should any player or company of,  claim an island? What's the point? Waste of time.. might as well just get rid of the claim flags completely.  Let everyone just grief everyone else.

Oh wait.. maybe that's what you want.  The right to grief in freedom.

what ?  how would allowing build permissions work when u can claim 1 island let me tell u ,

player A get to island , player A claims island ,player A set build to company only , player A lives happily ever after with an entire islands  ,699 other players all have the same idea oh look all 700 islands claimed ,all set to company build only ,no new players can build anywhere  yes great system ....its pvp do u really think in pvp they want other building on their islands ?

ALL THE DEVS HAD TO DO WAS LIMIT CLAIM FLAGS PER COMPANY . simple and would work 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

what ?  how would allowing build permissions work when u can claim 1 island let me tell u ,

player A get to island , player A claims island ,player A set build to company only , player A lives happily ever after with an entire islands  ,699 other players all have the same idea oh look all 700 islands claimed ,all set to company build only ,no new layers can build anywhere  yes great system ....its pvp do u really think in pvp they want other building on their islands ?

Yeh I agree, I think there should be several island claims per island.  That'd turn each island into 2, 3, 5 claim islands for example.  Which increases default playerbase.

The pvp side isn't affected, except by the war tokens, which need to be removed.

War tokens break the game.  The allow people to set specific windows for their own oppurtunity.  Usually at the least likely timezone for their victims.  Offline protection could be effected from 10minutes after last member logs out. Until first member logs in. etc.  Like on ark servers.

As for pvp allowing multiple people, yes of course they will, loose alliances is what makes the world go around.  And helps pay the upkeep etc.

Edited by Martyn