Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Cooking up a release candidate

32 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Are those cherries?

I dunno, but here's a Kraken pie.  I assume it's filled with kraken mousse.

oqvnZax.jpg

pardon my interruption of you guys culinary picfest (some of that art/food does look pretty cool) but I have a question that seems to fall under the title of this thread....

I know next to nothing about the type of coding that is required for a game like this (or any coding for that matter)….

on to my question.... what does "cooking up a release candidate" mean ?..... do they not just write code, download code to server and push the start button ?....

Edited by Salty Jack

1 minute ago, Salty Jack said:

pardon my interruption of you guys culinary picfest (some of that art/food does look pretty cool) but I have a question that seems to fall under the title of this thread....

I know next to nothing about the type of coding that is required for a game like this (or any coding for that matter)….

on to my question.... what does "cooking up a release candidate" mean ?..... do they not just write code, download code to server and push the start button ?....

Compiling?  Throwing it on their in-house test server and seeing if it crashes or kills the network?  

Who knows?  Next live chat we may see Jat in a chef coat throwing hard drives and artist's renderings of goofy creatures into a large pot.

• Haha 1