Sign in to follow this  
Sydhart

Are there any changes to abandoned ships in 1.5?

Abandoned ships are a huge problem now thanks to the "fix" to griefers who were sinking others ships on PvE. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of ships just sitting around and this is going to become a huge problem again. We need to be able to claim ships again and either scuttle them or salvage them for parts or just destroy them.

The "fix" for players sinking ships was to not "allow" people to board other's ships? I'm sorry but that's just lazy and not a proper fix.  So now if someone enters the space of the ship, even accidentally, they hover over the deck indefinitely until they starve or punch themselves to death. This is a freaking pirate game! I want to grapple onto another ship and swing from my ship to their ship! 

I can't find anything addressing this so how  about allow people to board ships and claim them again but take away the stupid sinking thing. It's an easy enough fix imho.

Step 1. Don't make the ship sink if it's overweight. Just slow the speed down like you do on characters and animals.

Step 2. To avoid people exploiting this, don't allow people to climb ropes or use grapples if they are encumbered.  You already can't glide if you are encumbered so the coding is there. Also, if people have 10,000 pounds of rock on them, they shouldn't be allowed to move. They should be dead.

Problem solved. Lets continue to play and make this a FUN pirate game.

4 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I can't find anything addressing this so how  about allow people to board ships and claim them again but take away the stupid sinking thing. It's an easy enough fix imho.

Step 1. Don't make the ship sink if it's overweight. Just slow the speed down like you do on characters and animals.

Step 2. To avoid people exploiting this, don't allow people to climb ropes or use grapples if they are encumbered.  You already can't glide if you are encumbered so the coding is there. Also, if people have 10,000 pounds of rock on them, they shouldn't be allowed to move. They should be dead.

Problem solved. Lets continue to play and make this a FUN pirate game.

Those suggestions have been made time and time again since the ship-sinking exploit was a thing, I kid you not.  Never acted on though.

• Like 1

ships will decay in certain areas. have to look back in the older note to remember rates and areas. 

There is some change to that in the latest patch notes..seemed like they were putting in something to prevent people from getting caught up on other's boats accidentally?  Don't have time to find the reference to be sure, but have a look in there.