Sign in to follow this  
CookieJar

Offline Raiding

YES! PLEASE!
Its just the worst to build something hour for hour and it gets destroyed over night -.-

Edited by Balvor

57 minutes ago, ArkSeyonet said:

No one needs to offline raid at all, they can just claim your base while you are offline and then they own everything.

Wtf... thats... just what the fuck

17 hours ago, CookieJar said:

I don't have to explain this. Turn this off if you want to keep the PvP going.

See my suggestions

Why not make it a fun part of the game? Having people bury their treasure can turn a raid into a treasure hunt, or at least having a means to protect your ship in port.

Edited by MagpieOAO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ttv/jasonconstantine said:

Again another issue from ARK that was not thought about when they did this. This was a MASSIVE problem, and now its back.

Was or is? Long time since i played ark.

Played it mostly on privat Servers with nice offline protection... the tribe must choose a Time window, in this Time window all structures became vulnerable regardless if someone was online or Not. If someone was online the structures are vulnerable too.

Like in reality, offline is like sleeping. You have no control what others do to you if you are ' unconscious '.

Raiding a base while beeing offline is one thing.

As it will be soon impossible to claim as long there are enemy's on the terrain,

you will have to kill them and their beds before claiming has a chance to succeed.

There is no other way to clean out terrain from others if they just stay offline for online players.

It would be unfair to others if you clock the space and it needs pruned at some time to remove server load.

If you worry too much about this, you might be interested to play PVE or setup your own server.

Hint to everyone:

Set your doors locked, build up a better defense to prevent them to kill you in your houses.

What should get fixed is collision for animals and sleeping players next to walls !!!

Edited by Firedragon

32 minutes ago, MagpieOAO said:

See my suggestions

Why not make it a fun part of the game? Having people bury their treasure can turn a raid into a treasure hunt, or at least having a means to protect your ship in port.

I saw what you did. It looks like a good idea. Though I still think that they should also make it harder to destroy peoples stuff when they are offline. Like maybe give 50% damage decrease on it or whatever. 

• Like 1

Like in reality, offline is like sleeping. You have no control what others do to you if you are ' unconscious '.

Yeah, but it's not reality, there.

It's a game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CookieJar said:

I saw what you did. It looks like a good idea. Though I still think that they should also make it harder to destroy peoples stuff when they are offline. Like maybe give 50% damage decrease on it or whatever. 

Even then though that just means the griefers take +50% more time on destroying it. Hmm...

The problem is that no matter the solution, a clever or dedicated griefer will always find a way. Though one idea I'd had was that you could set an NPC to chum the waters around your ship, which summons sharks. If you logged off with your ship in a random cove, protected by NPC's, this would prevent people from exploiting their lack of pathing to sneak under your ship and start hacking away at it. 

Maybe something similar on land. People complain about how many critters there are around and how aggressive they can be. Maybe you can set an NPC or food-trough like item to lure in predators around your base. The only problem is dealing with everything you've attracted when you log back on haha. 

Well. Still, something needs to happen about the offline raiding. I'm all for PvP, and I'm all for raiding and getting raided but it needs to happen when people are online. Spending 24 hours building a proper boat, only to have one noob with a trillion of pickaxes to pick it open from the bottom and sink it, is just ridiculous. It shouldn't happen.. Even Rust isn't that punishing for players who sink hours into that game. And that game is savage.

Then again, the game needs a lot of balance changes in general. There's people who make incredibly small characters so people can't hit them in melee combat because their hitbox sizes with their character. We were two level 15's last night going on a lawless island to get some wood to build our sloop with, and we got attacked by a small group of 2-3 people, naked with torches. They were level 26, and almost one-hit us with a torch and we did no damage on them beside the fact we had hide and metal armor and swords and spears. That's balance that's ridiculous.

This game advertised as their version of EVE Online in a pirate setting. But it is more like Rust or ARK than EVE Online and obviously they are in early access and all but EVE has no offline raiding, for sure. This offline raiding attracts trolls and kids who just want to ruin someone's day, and that's a bad case if your goal is to create a steady and fun ecenomy where people can actually thrive in and build a game from the ground up. 

If they end up changing offline raiding, and the land claim system to limit it, they are gonna need a global server wipe. Because at this point, big massive zerg clans moved from Rust to this game, just to make peoples lives miserable and offline raid them. 

A simple solution that they should have done in Ark is to make a company's buildings indestructible when all members of the company are offline, with some sort of delay to prevent people from altF4-ing to abuse it.

The main issue with offline raiding really isn't that it's possible, but how easy it is. It should cost people a lot of time, effort and resources to take time, effort and resources away from others while they're asleep or at work/school.

Offline raiding needs to go away eventually, but right now it's the only thing allowing new players to actually get somewhere potentially. All the islands are claimed already and fighting established groups is impossible when they are online due to the tech difference. The real solution is to make it relatively easy to build back up after you lose things, preparation and basic base building shouldn't take several hours.

Edited by rechetking

Make it 1/2/3 claim player/tribe with upgradable flag for more Space.

Everything vulnerable if player/tribe is online.

Attacke Timer, everyday your stuff is vulnerable for 2 hours a day and you choose the Time.

And make structures decay within 7 days if the owner is looking for them. 

That should be the easiest Solutions to the biggest problems.

Edited by Balvor