Sign in to follow this  
Easpada

Hours to build a Sloop 1 hatchet and 30 seconds to lose it

this is a bad mechanic. to improve the game so many things need to kinda change... i hope things change please make changes, this game should be fun not a chore.

i have a company, It takes 1 person to SOLO a sloop and make it so your whole company can't do anything with it. THAT's the problem. Also if a sloop can't be a solo ship then there is no point for anyone playing the game.

22 minutes ago, Easpada said:

this game should be fun not a chore.

6 minutes ago, Easpada said:

Also if a sloop can't be a solo ship then there is no point for anyone playing the game.

Its a Survival MMO, not intended to be solo or easy mode...

But yeah down the road with NPC crews it will make it a lot easier for small groups or a solo play to enjoy their adventure. Many changes need to happen, but I'm not sure if the changes you appear to want will be well received my devs/community 

Tis survival after all, don't build or stockpile what you can not defend!!

Happy sailing mate!

WHO THE **** SAID I WAS SOLO STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT

stop white knighting the game has problems and it's complaining that will fix it. people are not enjoying the game and it needs to be talked about. Fixes only happen when they see there is a problem, if no one talks about the problem how do they even know it's a real problem.

Edited by Easpada

Did they destroy your bed, or the actual boat?  Because if they destroyed the boat that's BS.

I do think we need a more expensive, harder to destroy bed option for this reason, or a longer-cooldown spawn slot on our boats themselves.  As it is, a bed can be destroyed in seconds by a guy with a metal hatchet, so the meta is to rush the bed and ignore the players.  

Edited by Revenant

2 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Did they destroy your bed, or the actual boat?

I do think we need a more expensive, harder to destroy bed option for this reason.  

always the bed, just a random person on a raft can walk up and just destroy the bed. the bed is the weakest part of the ship and easy to access to destroy it.

Edited by Easpada

Yeah, seems like sloops are pointless because if this.  Way more mats than a raft for not much more utility, and it doesn't have an "inside" to protect your bed, the same as the raft.  At least with Schooners they need to break 2 doors to get at your bed, but they cost way more and seem to be bugged sinking themselves currently.

Edited by Revenant

17 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Its a Survival MMO, not intended to be solo or easy mode...

But yeah down the road with NPC crews it will make it a lot easier for small groups or a solo play to enjoy their adventure. Many changes need to happen, but I'm not sure if the changes you appear to want will be well received my devs/community 

Tis survival after all, don't build or stockpile what you can not defend!!

Happy sailing mate!

What do you mean down the road? NPC crews are in the current game, to my knowledge.

5 hours ago, Revenant said:

Did they destroy your bed, or the actual boat?  Because if they destroyed the boat that's BS.

I do think we need a more expensive, harder to destroy bed option for this reason, or a longer-cooldown spawn slot on our boats themselves.  As it is, a bed can be destroyed in seconds by a guy with a metal hatchet, so the meta is to rush the bed and ignore the players.  

Hmm if this is the case would not the person rushing the bed be an easy kill for you? If you are fighting and its even numbers and equipment then the person trying to kill your bed should be killed easily or you use your superior numbers to kill the other players that are not focusing on your beds. Have additional beds in a storage chest to place down after the fight. Make sure any dead people don't re-spawn until new beds are put down. If you are outnumbered then is a good chance you would not have won to begin with. I think easily killing beds is fine this way the attacker actually has a chance of winning. I imagine it would take a long time to actually KILL a boat.

Doesn't matter if they die so long as they kill your bed, if you don't have any spare beds like you said.  They can respawn wherever they came from and you can't, unless you have a spare bed.  

Stuff like this just encourages PVO.  If anyone can easily trash your items in a short time, there will be times when you're sleeping.

I guess noone here played ark that is suggesting this is ok, or heard of it, or any other pvp mmo.

Ok....... heres a simple tip for you guys.

DO NOT just build a sloop and sail off into the sunset thinking you are safe and fine. 

DO have beds on an island, in a box shelter, to respawn at if shit goes pear shaped.

DO have the available mats to create another boat (even a raft) to go back out to sea to recover any lost ships if possible.

DO NOT expect this game to be kind to people...... the game is not about the PVE mechanics, its about the PVP mechanics, the same as Ark is, the real enemy is always other Humans, so be like the TV programme Survivor, Outwit, Outsmart and Outplay.

If you do not follow these incredibly basic tips. then expect to be fodder for my cannons.

It's going to be interesting how this game will play out, because I think the setup is both better and worse than ARK, for the same reason.  It takes a decent amount of setup and a lot of time to get anywhere meaningful, which should decrease casual raiding, but that cuts both ways.  If you're trying to sail to collect the various relics, that journey could take multiple days there and back, so you either need to leave your ship for the night, or have people from multiple time zones or work shifts to crew it around the clock, all while still defending your base.

I'm better off than most because I'm in a decent-sized group with people from NA, EU, and OC, which is pretty much ideal, but it still looks like this game's got to potential to just be a total pain.  

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

I'm better off than most because I'm in a decent-sized group with people from NA, EU, and OC, which is pretty much ideal, but it still looks like this game's got to potential to just be a total pain.  

Can you imagine when the big sea battles start to happen.... the crews from different time zones all being on at once to raid a server, sailing into a square with 30 ships under the command of one General........ i am so excited to play this game and see how far we as players can push this.... its gonna be so amazing!