Sign in to follow this  
Abysian

Claim flags

This past days i've been thinking and reading. And i came up with this idea.

For PVE,

I find claim flags in pve needed, this secures a spot for you, and you're able to make sure that some resources will be preserved. 
But we need a limit on claim flags. What if they made a claim flag the size of a sea claim and limit the flags to 2 per person, or a hard
cap of 75 for the large company's. With the additional lands being added, the reduced amount of claim flags you can put down, everyone
should be able to get a own claim this way.
Also remove the decay over time. Keep the taxation but change it, if you farm in your own claim you get a 5% extra in your taxation bank, 
if someone else farms in your spot, you get 10%, BUT this amount isn't reduced from the farming player. It's just a bonus the land owner gets.
And maybe add the option to give someone "good or "bad" point in their taxation bank. A player with good points will get some extra bonus while farming,
players with less points will get fewer bonuses. This will hopefully prevent people from blocking of certain nodes, being a **** etc.

For pvp,

Since i don't really play pvp, i can't really give a real intake on this. 
I like the idea of the owning of an island in pvp, but not that a owner can demo everything at anytime.
In my opinion this should be a vote mechanic, if the owner want's to kick someone of and island. At least
60% of the rest of the players that live on the island must agree with this. It's about working together, and not working
against each other. 
The timer on when you're able to get raided is a good idea, but not like this. Maybe it's a better idea that a player can enter a protection
mode himself, with of course a limit on how long this is. This way you can go in protection mode when you're going to bed, during protection
mode you can't log in without accepting the removal of your protection. You can't enter protection mode if you did or was part of some pvp in the last 15 min.
This way you can't abuse it, and go protection mode when you're base gets raided.

Of course this are just some idea's i have on how it maybe can work. Feel free to at your opinion, what do you think can work ? What would be a good change ?

I was actually thinking make a taxation station one per company per island. That station comes with 10 flags to place. You can upgrade it and get a further ten if you get a number of discovery points u need to lose the discover points and re find the last 20 you got . The upkeep is measured on the amount of flags you placed and the resources in that area. This should stop people from not getting land 

Edited by IAmAnEasterEgg

В целом, система как планируется на PvP мне нравится (1 остров - 1 хозяин).

Немного пищи для размышлений: для стимулирования понижения налогов на своей территории и привлечения сторонних компаний можно сделать ползунок. С одной стороны налоговая ставка, с другой - множитель добычи ресурсов со своих земель. В итоге получится более разнообразная картина по налогообложению на собственных территориях.

Не могу не сказать. Отсутствие флагов на PvE - это ОЧЕНЬ неправильно. В любой момент могут застроить респ ресурсов на острове на несколько дней, заблокировать возможность для расширения (простым спамом фундаментов, и обновлять их каждый день) и НИКАКИХ средств борьбы с этим не предоставляется.

На PvE претензии на флаги можно организовать на подобие аукциона. Претендующий на землю делает ставку (ставку "улетает" в абстрактное хранилище острова / построенный банк), хозяин или другие игроки имеют 2 дня на то, что бы предоставить большую сумм (ресурсы / золото / ??животные?? / ???чертежи??? / ????карты???? / ... ). По окончанию торгов (истечение 2 дней с последней ставки) остров переходит новому владельцу или остается у старого, со всех ставок снимается 30% и они возвращаются. Если у острова новый владелец, то его ставка отдается старому (таким образом он выкупает территорию). Получаем постоянную "торговую" войну на PvE. 

(вариант не окончательный, все обсуждаемо, простите за мой английский)

In a whole, system as the planned on PvP I like (1 island - 1 is a master).

A little food for thought: to encourage tax cuts on your territory and attract third-party companies, you can make a slider. On the one hand, the tax rate, on the other - a multiplier of extraction of resources from their lands. The result will be a more diverse picture of taxation in their own territories.

Can't help but say. The absence of flags on PvE is very wrong. At any time can build up REP resources on the island for a few days, block the opportunity for expansion (simple spam foundations, and update them every day) and NO means of dealing with this is not provided.

In PvE the claims of the flags can be arranged in the likeness of the auction. The land applicant makes a bet (the bet "flies away" to the abstract storage of the island / built Bank), the owner or other players have 2 days to provide a large amount (resources / gold/??animals?? / ???blueprints??? / ????cards???? / ... ). At the end of the auction (expiration of 2 days from the last bet), the island passes to the new owner or remains with the old one, 30% is removed from all bets and they are returned. If the island has a new owner, his rate is given to the old (so he buys the territory). Get permanent "trade" war on PvE. 

(not the final version, everything is negotiable, I'm sorry for my English)

PVE:

Ohhh purchasable deed of land from an NPC bank for PVE servers perhaps?

You pay tax on the land weekly? Monthly? When someone quits, or just doesn't pay, it goes into foreclosure. A timer ticks down for the old owner to pay last minute. Otherwise (if this is possible for them to determine), everything on the land from the previous tenant comes with the new deed at a higher price determined by everything that would be included with the deed. If no one bids for it either the price continues to drop or a timer runs down until everything on the property is destroyed and the land price is reset.

The deed price can also factor in other variables. Island size, property size, island resource wealth, company size of the purchaser. A large company would pay more than a soloer. And there has to be a workaround for someone in a large company to quit real quick to buy the land then join up again to just get the cheaper price. Just added thoughts. Edited

You can place your flag anywhere on your land that you have purchased.

Hope this is clear.

Edited: Just made a post in Suggestion forum on this.

Edited by Eve BlackVeil

Yeah, one sentence they won't notice. But if there are 100 of them, they will have to decide something.

5 hours ago, Abysian said:

I find claim flags in pve needed, this secures a spot for you, and you're able to make sure that some resources will be preserved. 

I agree with you we need a claim system in PVE. I don't like the idea of any type of tax. Why do we need any type of tax system? Unlike PVP, your paying taxes for the good of the settlement. Kind of like for the good of all and their protection. Limit the number and I would also like to see a square claim section vs a round one. That would eliminate having to over lap areas. We have square grids, square buildings why not square claims ? Maybe a combination of both by player option. IDK, just a thought. Pirates don't pay taxes.

That kinda play into my idea of the Land Deeds. It would be grids. However it would be land taxed. Not everyone are pirates to cover what you were stating. Not everyone is training in the Pirate "skill" tree technically right?