IAmAnEasterEgg

Suggested improvements

current lanes

My idea would to be to add in currents lanes that move in a particular direction. When u are in theses lanes and moving with the current you get a bigger speed boost. This might cut down on sailing time an help someone get to a particular area quicker. 

Remove the bed

Make spawn points on the masts or the tax bank or a single drop spawn point . If the tax bank is necessary for the claims it makes sense to make it also a spawn point for your area.  You should only be allowed spawn at your nearest spawn point. 

Add factions 

Let's get the pvp correct here guys. If you had 5 factions ie English pirates, Chinese pirates, Dutch pirates, French pirates and Spanish pirates, 

PVP on the other factions can be less restrictive. If one faction has alot more people than the other a balance will need to be made 

Have the same ships but different skins for each faction. You could also have different buffs for each faction. 

My idea would be to have a faction capital tile and around that faction capital tile you have lawless areas only that faction can build in.  

Ps sorry about the typos

Edited by IAmAnEasterEgg
  • Like 1

Uhm. I don’t want to get rid of the bed spawning, only when there’s a war going on, beds are disabled on the specific island and surroundings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Uhm. I don’t want to get rid of the bed spawning, only when there’s a war going on, beds are disabled on the specific island and surroundings. 

I just don't think beds should be used as a fast travel option. They should just make it quicker to get around the world. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

I just don't think beds should be used as a fast travel option. They should just make it quicker to get around the world. 

You want ships to go faster? No thank you, they’re already going at lightspeed when you don’t load them too heavy, which since the cannon weight nerf is very hard to do. It would also completely unbalance ship fighting since you can run to any settlement and just anchor up very fast. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

I agree with the beds somewhat. I think you should only be able to fast travel in 1 grid, in your main area. If you want to sail off and build say 4 or 5 grids away and put a bed down then you should not be able to fast travel to those.

It's far to easy at the moment to just log in game, do the rounds of fast travel in alot of grids keeping the timer ticking over and then get on with whatever you do in game. People should have to sail to those areas if they want to keep the different bases there, this would cut down on alot of buildings.

I don't think fast travel should be removed altogether though, it's needed in some areas.

Im talking about travel lanes bud so we can get to far away places quicker. I'm not talking about battle these lanes would be in specific areas away from islands 

20 minutes ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

Im talking about travel lanes bud so we can get to far away places quicker. I'm not talking about battle these lanes would be in specific areas away from islands 

Wormholes... Sounds the same as beam me up Scotty bed. 

Have more grids then devide you company members to protect. You have higher risk because you have less numbers to protect but have more different kind of resources under control. Want less risk and beter protection , then 1 spot is enough. 

Bed travel takes away the naval warfare. The wormhole lane will do the same.

Make alliance with people in far away grids. This makes als trading possible. More boots that sail and more chance of naval warfare. 

This game stick to much to it's ark roots. It is nothing like eve

17 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Wormholes... Sounds the same as beam me up Scotty bed. 

Have more grids then devide you company members to protect. You have higher risk because you have less numbers to protect but have more different kind of resources under control. Want less risk and beter protection , then 1 spot is enough. 

Bed travel takes away the naval warfare. The wormhole lane will do the same.

Make alliance with people in far away grids. This makes als trading possible. More boots that sail and more chance of naval warfare. 

This game stick to much to it's ark roots. It is nothing like eve

https://www.google.com/search?q=world's+ocean+currents&oq=worlds+ocean+cu&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.7431j0j4&client=ms-unknown&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=FrPdKXb-3KdgwM:&imgrc=TpjPLqxWhrOqUM:

Here you go there's is actual currents in real life I'm talking about implementing them in to the game so you can get around quicker.  I'm not talking about star lanes or warp gates I'm actually talking about what boats used in the past to actually get around it wasn't just the wind. 

Just now, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=world's+ocean+currents&oq=worlds+ocean+cu&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.7431j0j4&client=ms-unknown&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=FrPdKXb-3KdgwM:&imgrc=TpjPLqxWhrOqUM:

Here you go there's is actual currents in real life I'm talking about implementing them in to the game so you can get around quicker.  I'm not talking about star lanes or warp gates I'm actually talking about what boats used in the past to actually get around it wasn't just the wind. 

Then I misunderstood that part. If it is also possible to attack ships in that lane I am for it. Some extra speed when sailing is welcome, I mostly have the wind against me when I want to sail another grid 😉

• Like 1

I would totally be up for "trade routes" based on global currents, as long as there were quite a few and those were only revealed as you sailed them like the fog of war gets lifted.
As you discover a current you have to keep navigating it to find where it goes and that current then becomes marked on the map. Making currents fast, visible and easy to follow removes even more of the challenge from sailing.