Sign in to follow this  
Skyroguen

Auto Repair Structure

I expect this structure will have a limited radius. this might prevent some of the foundation spam we will see. I am also wondering how many resource it will take to build this structure. It will probably require some hard to get resources or multiple types or resources. Just speculating of course.

I would hope that it would be a connected structure thing not a radius thing if they really wanted to cut the pillar spam.

if its just a radius then people will pillar spam and have some in the middle of them.

Yes that's how I am seeing it also, within a certain radius of the base which means people putting hundreds of floors down all over the place will most likely struggle to repair them all. If they want to waste their time running around repair each floor more fool them but I don't see it lasting very long.

We'll have to see how it turns out, none of us know for sure, we're just going off what was said. I'm hoping it stops the spamming yes but I'm also glad the flags are gone allowing people to build on land. So man people who had flags were saying "you can build here sure" then you find a few days later everything is gone, no thanks. I'm glad those players will be forced to PVP I really am.

I could see connected as the restriction. I am down with that. However most structures of similar design in ARK were radius based. also what defines a connection. obviously shared snap points would work but what about overlapping foundations. would foundation within a certain radius of another count as being connected? what about pillare snapped beside another pillar. they are technically not physically connected unless you also have a couple of ceilings.

Somebody in another thread pointed out that either they make it so restrictive that small companies and solos can't manage to do it, or they make it easy enough that there's spam everywhere.  That's probably true.  I think big companies will spam anyway, because it's not like you have to run there every day and repair.  You just put a ton of stuff in the box and it stays repaired.

Either way, the bottom line is that for pve, they're saying now you have to live in Lawless AND you have to pay for it!

I think they just didn't want to bother with the work of making a sensible claim system for pve.  It's a really half-assed "fix" and along with the wipe and gating the new content behind the kraken, there's not one good thing in the plan for pve at all.