Sign in to follow this  
Iaxa DeVaux

Is it impossible to save character data?

That's my question to the dev team.

Is it impossible to save character data? … and still do all the rest of this patch?

A technical answer only please.

Thanks,

Its built on arks engine, and ark would let you transfer servers.  It was how you took your character and tames to new maps.   It's literally how they let you explore new maps without losing progress.

5 minutes ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

That's my question to the dev team.

Is it impossible to save character data? … and still do all the rest of this patch?

A technical answer only please.

Thanks,

Technical answer is no. There is no single player, so no, of course there isn’t save data.

33 minutes ago, Realist said:

Technical answer is no. There is no single player, so no, of course there isn’t save data.

Levels should be a thing that's able to be saved or transferred. But it will be huge advantage above lower levels, if you're a high level

6 minutes ago, Abysian said:

Levels should be a thing that's able to be saved or transferred. But it will be huge advantage above lower levels, if you're a high level

But that will be a consistent factor going on from a week after wipe, not everyone lvls up the same and if they are lucky, new suckers will buy into this shit show

10 minutes ago, Abysian said:

After 541 hours, I should have an advantage over a new player... on my pve server... where I might have a better chance to... umm kill a pig over a new player.:classic_wacko:

And that what this sounds like to me. Some sjw fairness thing.  I have a lot of trouble believing character data is not saved in a way that they could not be dropped on the new map. In fact, I don't believe it.

I like the changes, but I never thought it would come with a total loss of progress, Or I would not have played.

• Like 1