Sign in to follow this  
jimmy3002

Metal spawn

metal dont respwn at same position? Or is metal respawn broken? Any one know? Me and my company have sailed island to island for 20hr strait to Hunt for metal after ower own island was depleted on metal. In 20hr we found 1 metal node. We was 3-5 players constantly trying to find metal. And no IM not new to wildcard mekanics. 5000hr ark play time (official)

The ONLY place my company has found metal is the starting lawless zones and that is complete aids with a never ending stream of bobs.  That's it.  We've been to 10 different islands, nothing. 

I've spent 2 days on the same island, no metal. 

And wtf is sap?  People say it's on trees, but i'd like to see a tree with some sap. 

Edited by Varien101

I found ONE metal on my island.  I resorted to running around whacking rocks for metal... until 8 hours later I realized that even those rocks didn't respawn. Meaning... I'll be out of metal very soon... The entire ISLAND will be out of metal.  Seems rather impossible to progress in the game without it.

I played for 15 hours or so in lawless zones and never saw a metal node until just now when I was finally able to log into a free port. 

Seems like nothing's respawning right now except bushes.  The Lawless zone I was playing on last night was fully forested, now it's completely bare without even any rocks.

46 minutes ago, Varien101 said:

And wtf is sap?  People say it's on trees, but i'd like to see a tree with some sap. 

I got sap from bushes in the form of sugar.

The northeast tropical Freeport zone as a very large number of metal nodes. I also believe these nodes respawn since it is on the Freeport island. Either way, I found A LOT of metal there.