Bolognapwny

Server Wipe

Server Wipe  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should they Wipe PVP servers

• Yes
    • No

58 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Peoples opinions are exactly that opinions.. I myself would hate to see a wipe simply because A it would screw me over as a solo player who has put in alot of time building and B I think it would do the same to alot of other people and most likely would cause a mass quitting of people who simply just don't want to sink all that time into rebuilding and stuff.. Maybe if it wasn't so grind heavy it wouldn't be the case.. I don't know if I would quit but I sure wouldn't be happy either.. The real question is do I really want to spend another 2 months getting back to the point I am at now..That is my opinion that I have the right to have just like you and your opinion on wanting a wipe because I guess from what others are saying is because you got owned by another company? Even if that was the case that's a pretty noob reason to start crying about wanting wipes. Self centered I believe is the term..

That's what happens in early access games though, I knew long before I even bough the game there would be a wipe, it's inevitable and not just 1 wipe but many others, there has to be at some point.

I'm also a solo player, I currently have 5 ships a base, alot of gold and hell of alot of resources sitting in the chest but I am already leaving the game behind until more content is added and things are worked out. I've had fun with it but that fun is diminishing for me so it's time to set it aside for now.

After the first wipe I would ask yourself, do I really want to do this again? Because there will be another wipe after the first. I think many people know this but I know how it feels to build everything up and lose it, i've lost alot of things along the way, ships, tames, etc but that's how these games go in EA unfortunately. They are changing a big part of the claim system, if there wasn't a wipe I'd be very worried about the game to be honest, can't change something like that and let people carry on, has to be fair.

If you don't like the idea of building it up again I would give it a break for awhile because you will only be disappointed down the line.

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

That's what happens in early access games though, I knew long before I even bough the game there would be a wipe, it's inevitable and not just 1 wipe but many others, there has to be at some point.

I'm also a solo player, I currently have 5 ships a base, alot of gold and hell of alot of resources sitting in the chest but I am already leaving the game behind until more content is added and things are worked out. I've had fun with it but that fun is diminishing for me so it's time to set it aside for now.

After the first wipe I would ask yourself, do I really want to do this again? Because there will be another wipe after the first. I think many people know this but I know how it feels to build everything up and lose it, i've lost alot of things along the way, ships, tames, etc but that's how these games go in EA unfortunately. They are changing a big part of the claim system, if there wasn't a wipe I'd be very worried about the game to be honest, can't change something like that and let people carry on, has to be fair.

If you don't like the idea of building it up again I would give it a break for awhile because you will only be disappointed down the line.

Actually yes it is an ea game and yes there is always a possible wipe in the futures of such games.. I did and do understand this. Though I appreciate you trying to give me insight on this perspective I am not the one who needs that insight there are plenty on this board that needs it more than I..  I suppose I could of been clearer a bit on my post. I for one was hoping that like in ark there wouldn't be wipes happening. That's about it really though I do realize they could happen because this is made by the same team just rebranded or whatever. So I was going for their no wipe so far track record and legacy server hopes..   I would most likely keep playing as I really enjoy the pve and the creative building I can do in it. But I would be bitter about having to start over again and only because i do some pretty big stone builds.. But I was merely pointing out others aren't as forgiving or understanding as I tend to be so people rage quitting is probably going to be the norm if and when a wipe hits.  But in the end I'll just do my thing and hope someday someone will say yes when I ask them if they are looking for a crew to join.. lol

37 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Again your opinion and obviously people still play to be able to quit.. Why don't you do yourself a favor and except that others having an opinion that doesn't match yours doesn't make them "reeeeees" as you put it. Stop being so simple minded and selfish.

I accept that you "except" others having an opinion, but I do not.... especially when they are clearly wrong.

one option would be wipe all physical items from the map but leave player levels and exploration as is.  for the players that have taken the time to sail and explore this would be the hardest hit as it takes weeks to sail the map.

if they wiped all structures and land claims that might be enough.  another way to do it is announce the wipe a week or more in advance and have the freeports as safe zones.  you can load up a ship with tames and go to the freeport before the wipe and your ship in the freeport would be safe.  Hell make a great race out of it too. once the servers come up 

30 minutes ago, UniversalChip said:

one option would be wipe all physical items from the map but leave player levels and exploration as is.  for the players that have taken the time to sail and explore this would be the hardest hit as it takes weeks to sail the map.

if they wiped all structures and land claims that might be enough.  another way to do it is announce the wipe a week or more in advance and have the freeports as safe zones.  you can load up a ship with tames and go to the freeport before the wipe and your ship in the freeport would be safe.  Hell make a great race out of it too. once the servers come up 

YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING ANYWAYS... THSI IS EARLY ACCESS STOP WANTING THE GAME TO CATER TO YOU, IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!! YOUR PIXELS DO NOT MATTER.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

I accept that you "except" others having an opinion, but I do not.... especially when they are clearly wrong.

Yeah yeah typos happen you're so clever to point them out! 😄 I hope one day I can be as awesome as you. I realize I have a long way to go but it's nice to have a goal. 🙂

But in all serious I don't think you understand the meaning of an opinion.. lol You should try to mature more and grow up.

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING ANYWAYS... THSI IS EARLY ACCESS STOP WANTING THE GAME TO CATER TO YOU, IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!! YOUR PIXELS DO NOT MATTER.

Says the guy screaming to be noticed and thinks his is the only opinion that should matter.. lol At this point this thread is clearly just some child crying over getting wrecked on pvp and now wants the devs to save him because obviously he is so awesome at life.. 😄 I'm done my facts stand as is cry some more over it because you're the only one who cares.. 🙂

19 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

You’re a pure troll.