Sign in to follow this  
MrBaconaneggs

Power Stone Fix -Suggestion-

Hello Grapeshot,

I hope you've had an amazing Wednesday.  I would like to make a suggestion to make your game a bit more enjoyable for everyone.  I don't know if you've ever attempted to do the power stones yourself with more than a few people.  

There is an issue with the game where Fire Elemental's and other 1 shot style animals just over spawn and cause problems right to turn in your Artifact Keys.

When trying to turn in your key is really is a relentless Gauntlet that just is such a pain and disgrace to the game.  

The Hydra/Drake are not the problem (though will say they could be a little tougher).  The issue with the non-stop re-spawning running to your body, grabbing your key just to reset the timer and die again from the 8 fire elemental's are camping your body.

Also meanwhile you have to worry about enemy players just camp the power stone to get free keys while not participating in the kill of the Hydra or Drake.

Suggestion 1: 

Make it so the Key's don't drop from your body when you die, and are there when you re-spawn (like skins), Then it's not such a painful Gauntlet run. Therefore all you have to worry about it running back into the cave instead of trying to find your body/key again.

Or Suggestion 2:  Reduce the dang spawn rate of the Fire Elemental's, Cyclopes and Lions, Tigers and wolves of the island, as a Lion will aggro from 400m away and be on top of you in 2 seconds.. same with the Cyclops these things are faster than Usain Bolt on Race Day.

This is just my suggestion, please at least utilize some of it. 

Thanks!

suggestion 3: Get the easy ones first! (M12, 014 etc.)

suggestion 4: Tame a throwaway tame and ride to the cave.

6 hours ago, Kummba said:

suggestion 3: Get the easy ones first! (M12, 014 etc.)

suggestion 4: Tame a throwaway tame and ride to the cave.

you think this endgame model is sustainable? death runs into a cave from fire elementals, that 1. don't give loot so there is no point in clearing them out and wasting 50 plus bolts kiting it with a ship to do so, and 2 have an aggro range from nearly out of render range. we did O7 yesterday, and between the lag from dozens of ships, 6-8 fire elementals, and 25-30 gorgons just in the cove alone i honestly thought about giving the endgame up and not worrying about it hoping they did something with it. Seeing as how they implemented it, i'd hope that this is not what they have in mind. there are no mechanics to avoid, no nothing, it's just drown the hydra, and death run to a cave, that's not endgame, it's not gating, it's stupid, no matter the strat, the idea is stupid and short sighted.

13 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

you think this endgame model is sustainable?

For the powerstones it is fine i guess, it is optional PVE endgame anyway. O7 seems to be the hardest form the streams i watched, but u can approach from the side, try to glide in.

My answer was what u can do to get some of them without/less off a problem.

And there are other things in the game to help with like food/drinks/skills.

You know that people spawned with AF Key in inventory + leave it in bodys, people got 8 PS without even killing the Hydra once. Devs said it is unintendet and change it.

i think you're missing the point... but ok, we did it multiple times, it's beside the point, it's not engaging game play, death running into a cave? really? and it's the only endgame to get to the kraken, what's the point if you don't intend doing endgame?

Its only needed to spawn the kraken right? I mean u cannot attempt the fight without them?