MasterFiren

How to kill a Stone Elemental?

Well , large cannon ball deal 240 damage to rock ele , i assume it will have at least 7k HP  .

Haven't tried balista on them .

Bit of a late reply but I may have a few answers, First things we tried were ship cannons and large cannons. These don't really do that much damage but you could kill it in 10-15 minutes with these, however you may need allot of cannon balls.

Next thing we tried was the ballista which deals pretty much no damage at all so that's a no go.

Mortars, these deal 400 damage to the elemental however you will need someone to get the agro of the elemental while you mortar it, I recommend getting someone to stand on a mountain so it can't hit them or building a stone structure around themselves to it can hit them. 

Swivel cannons, we set up a stone structure around us so the the elementals couldn't hit us and placed some swivel cannons inside it. The best ammo to use is the canister shot which deals 250 damage.

Exploding Barrel, when we found an elemental we placed 4 explosive barrels and baited the elemental near them, you also would need to set up a cannon or a swivel cannon to shoot the barrels with so detonate them. The barrels deal 2,500 damage to the elemental and knocks them back a great distance if they survive so you would have to repeat the process again.

In the end it's only worth fighting these things if you need them get out of your way since they only drop 100 to 200 mythos, we had to test each of these because they kept attacking our outpost where we farm cyclops.

Actually, if you drag them off a cliff they sink really well. I was kiting one and got cornered on a cliff so I jumped off. It was one of those areas where it just goes straight down to the sea floor with the kelp. The elemental followed me right into the water and just kept sinking down and down until he disappeared. I swam down and he was just sitting on the bottom of the ocean. LOL

should have mentioned this in my post, the ideas I gave was for people to kill them if they are interrupting your mythos farm, we have a outpost built on a powerstone island where we bait cyclops into and ballista them for mythos, but every now and then a elemental spawns next to the outpost and starts destroying it so we have to kill them because they will only chase you so far before they turn back to smash your structures 

Meh , Rock ele is a cancer and no fun fighting it .

They should have made it take more damage from explosives and nerf it HP .