Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

Anyone notice the schooner taking damage for no reason?

Schooner at sea takes to much damage of most of the boats this one is prone to taking constant damage for no aparrent reason even when it is under weight example 2200 / 10k it will take up to 500 or more damage while out sailing. Even in real life boats like this would never take this sort of damage. So you have to carry around 1000 pounds of resources to keep it fixed all the time seems a bit much. The sloop and other boats do take damage but not in this range its seems way off.  Even in calm waters you raise anchor and then oh look the hull takes damage from what lol

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Schooner at sea takes to much damage of most of the boats this one is prone to taking constant damage for no aparrent reason even when it is under weight example 2200 / 10k it will take up to 500 or more damage while out sailing. Even in real life boats like this would never take this sort of damage. So you have to carry around 1000 pounds of resources to keep it fixed all the time seems a bit much. The sloop and other boats do take damage but not in this range its seems way off.  Even in calm waters you raise anchor and then oh look the hull takes damage from what lol

Termites!

You've got termites!

Run AWAY!

Kidding aside, no I haven't noticed it but then again I haven't mostly been sailing schooners lately. However, as it happens, I will be in the near future. Will keep an eye out for this.

• Haha 1

Some of ours randomly sunk when we raised the anchor. It was at the beginning of the game when we didnt have extra planks etc on the ships yet. Don’t know if they still randomly sink. 

Uh pretty sure that is normal ship decay. We used to sail like 6 sectors and take at least 500 damage on all the planks every trip. There are the decay rate buffs under the captain tree which give up to -30% on decay if the player with the skills is captaining the boat. Anytime a ship isn't anchored the decay starts pretty much instantly and just slowly drops down. Also sailing through cyclones can really eat into health. Sailing through a few of these especially since the buff on their damage can eat through a few thousand. I never really paid attention to if the schooner decay was quicker than a brig, galleon or sloop. guess I might have to give it a look tomorrow and un anchor in the harbor and wait 20 minutes and see how much each ship takes. Maybe the schooner is taking slightly more than it should.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:27 AM, Percieval said:

Some of ours randomly sunk when we raised the anchor. It was at the beginning of the game when we didnt have extra planks etc on the ships yet. Don’t know if they still randomly sink. 

Not anymore

On 2/14/2019 at 2:13 AM, Thor Ragnarock said:

Uh pretty sure that is normal ship decay. We used to sail like 6 sectors and take at least 500 damage on all the planks every trip. There are the decay rate buffs under the captain tree which give up to -30% on decay if the player with the skills is captaining the boat. Anytime a ship isn't anchored the decay starts pretty much instantly and just slowly drops down. Also sailing through cyclones can really eat into health. Sailing through a few of these especially since the buff on their damage can eat through a few thousand. I never really paid attention to if the schooner decay was quicker than a brig, galleon or sloop. guess I might have to give it a look tomorrow and un anchor in the harbor and wait 20 minutes and see how much each ship takes. Maybe the schooner is taking slightly more than it should.

I have the buff been playing this game since release....no other boat takes this sort of damage or aka decay nonsense