Sign in to follow this  
Crosstix

Explosive Barrels Underwater

So i'm working on a hangar to house my boats. I haven't been able to get grenades to work underwater on stone stuff, but I don't have the means to make an explosive barrel right now to test that as well. Does anyone know if explosive barrels can be placed to damage structures underwater in a lawless zone?

Edited by Crosstix

With the most recent changes to barrels, yes.  They can be placed in the water in lawless zones. Apparently, you aren't allowed to have nice things in lawless zones.  The recent changes only benefit people in claimed areas.  It was more fair before when you could place the barrels on the boats.  Now, lawless people can do nothing to protect their boats and the people living in claimed lands can kick back and rest easy knowing no one can blow up their boats.

To be fair, the game has always hindered Lawless living, just not quite to the extent of Freeports.

It's basically the next step in the tutorial until you branch out and do like the devs want.
I don't think they thought people would be land hungry and not allow building on claimed land, they're always saying "we wanted people to allow building on their own lands, and we need to give them more of an incentive to do so."

However, I think this is just a step for them, each patch is like a ladder, in an obvious (and sometimes not obvious) way. I bet you in a couple months, a ton will change and even those who are comfy and cozy in their claims wont have a way to stay safe. (once the pieces all come together) Just the waiting sucks.

• Like 1

Fully agree with Asanna, devs dont talk or listen to dirty insects like us, they just communicate with the mega company leaders and famous youTube streamers. 

And the slaves of these where complaining too much „ buhuhu my ship is always blown up by these folks from lawless“

This is just the next step in the the direction „Join a 2000 player tribe or leave our game !“.

For me its answer b).

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

Since when did a pirate ever pay tax or homage to a company ?.

It's either a pirate game or it's just Farmville with flags.

6 hours ago, Rats said:

Since when did a pirate ever pay tax or homage to a company ?.

It's either a pirate game or it's just Farmville with flags.

Since when did pirates ever fight ships full of undead?  Arguing that the game must bow to your vision of thematic accuracy is unlikely to yield anything other than disappointment for you and is a poor rhetorical position to start from that offers little chance for success. This is a pirate game that includes flags. Crazy I know, but so is hitting a rock with a rhino horn and getting resources from it. Accept the reality of gameplay design having to make compromises with thematic sensibilities or go find that one completely thematically pure game out there that about 10 people are surely playing somewhere. The choice is yours.

7 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Lawless Areas are not PVE Areas. Delete the very thought from your brain's HDD, use a magnet if you really have to.

I don't think anyone expects that.  The issue I have is that the lawless zones offer MORE PvP options than the actual PvP zones do.  How does that make sense from any angle?  Bottom line, barrels can be used in lawless to sink boats and can NOT be used in PvP zones to do the same thing.