Sign in to follow this  
Archsenex

SOTD Seem to be Hesitating 3-4 seconds before first volley

Anybody else notice this since the patch last night?  I've been sailing this morning and several times I got close enough to ships that I expected to take a potshot (I'm used to taking a few every long voyage as just the high cost of living) and I'm not getting that.  In a galleon and comparing same ship class.

Wonder if it's a side effect of the anti-griefing change that they're waiting until aggro is fully established rather than firing asap?

I've been fired at by a lot of Ships, so pretty confident in my ability to read their aggro range.

I aggroed about 10 sotd with my galleon this morning and I noticed there was a delay between taking agro and them firing the first shot. Enough of a delay that I'm pretty much out of their firing range by the time they take the first shot. I think I only took 1 or 2 cannon balls this morning.

Seems like a good thing to me. 

How many times have you crossed a grid border and after you load in, you find like four SotD just waiting for you?

Now you should at least have a decent chance of escaping if you are not prepared for this sort of thing.

7 hours ago, wildbill said:

Seems like a good thing to me. 

How many times have you crossed a grid border and after you load in, you find like four SotD just waiting for you?

Now you should at least have a decent chance of escaping if you are not prepared for this sort of thing.

once or twice, but I'm always prepared for that sort of thing.  you get control back in like 3 seconds when zoning, if you run into an sotd you push them out of the way, and THAT close you just blast them to dust.

But yes, I prefer the change.  Less incidental repairs after each voyage.